HR Business Partner and Site Lead
At AstraZeneca, we believe in the potential of our people and that here, you can develop beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to see what you can achieve no matter where you start with us.
As part of the Human Resources team at AstraZeneca, you will have the opportunity to thrive in a dynamic, creative and purposeful environment where results-oriented, innovative thinking is encouraged.
The HR Business Partner and Site Lead will be the HR lead for the AstraZeneca site of 200+ team members located in our South San Francisco office. The position will be aligned to the Oncology R&D business and will also support senior leaders (VPs), people managers and team members across several research and development client groups and functional support organizations (finance, IT, etc.)
You'll improve engagement across the San Francisco site as well as partner with global HR business partners across the world to execute HR programs and processes for the employees at the site. You will use your deep knowledge & experience to provide mentorship, guidance & challenge to Line Managers on a range of people activities and display the vital soft skills such as advising, mentoring, resilience, facilitation, etc.
Main Duties and Accountabilities:
- HR lead for the South San Francisco Site. This role will partner with global HR business partners, centers of expertise and our My HR team (our central HR service team) to support clients on global and cross-country teams.
- Participate as a key team member for the Oncology R&D HR team working on cross-business projects liaising with COE’s (e.g. preparation of annual HR Business Review, performance management, succession planning, etc.).
- Ensure detailed execution of key people processes across the business – leading and supporting HRBP’s with performance development, reward, employee relations, organizational change, compensation and workforce planning processes.
- Lead/Participate in early meetings with team members on the US East Coast and/or Europe.
- Maintain a high level of communication with all levels of the organization (both globally and locally).
- Accountable for workforce plans for the site and possibly for Oncology R&D business area.
- Lead programs that build capability.
- Lead components of the new employee site orientation.
- Lead on-site emerging intern and entry-level development programs.
- Support talent planning and High Potential identification/development for client area or global business.
- Provide strategic insight using data and information in support of the HR strategy for AstraZeneca, the Oncology R&D business and the South San Francisco site.
- Responsible for the development of the people plan for clients and ensuring leadership team members are on track for HR/Engagement activities, talent reviews, etc.
- Lead/Support change projects and/or small-scale business change (e.g. divestiture or acquisition integration, reductions in staff, etc.).
- Responsible for coordinating the site employer brand.
- Partner with COE’s to support site or country level projects.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant HR experience.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in HR or Business
- Experience of working globally in a business partnering role is desired.
- Track record of validated business benefits / improvement delivered.
- Demonstrate experience managing supporting HR project/s through a complete project life-cycle.
- Technical HR knowledge/skills with one or more of the following subject areas – Resourcing/Staffing, Performance & Reward, Employee Relations, Learning and Development, Organizational Change.
- Strong partner and influencing skills.
- Effective communicator.
- Ability to prioritize and manage demands.
- Ability to utilize data analytics to advise people plans.
- Leadership skills; ability to engage and encourage and bring people with them.
- Demonstrates Soft skills; mentor, resilience, facilitation, collaborating.
- Possesses knowledge and understanding of HR systems (Workday, ServiceNow).
- Experience in managing / interacting with sizable internal customer base.
- Previous global or international experience preferred.
- General knowledge and understanding of AZ policies and procedures.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.