Responsible for providing specialist advice a single area of Medical affairs - eg Compliance, medical excellence, pharmaco-economics. May also be a more unique role responsible for multiple areas of medical affairs. Role holder will be deemed a specialist in their field, and will be expected to input into significant important decisions and projects, typically on a multi-country or local level. May also manage junior Medical affairs roles.
To provide statistical expertise to the design, analysis and interpretation of China MA studies.
- Analysis of internal and external information to inform design decisions (e.g. evaluation of biomarkers as potential diagnostics for a PHC approach, evaluation of potential outcome measures, meta analysis of data to provide characteristics to define non-inferiority criteria)
- Provide specifications and direction to outsourcing partners/providers to ensure clarity and
appropriateness of specifications and standards, early resolution of emerging issues. He/she holds partners and providers accountable for the quality of their deliverable.
- Provide local scientific expertise in proposal and protocol review for external sponsored scientific research (ESR).
- Leadership of statistical contribution for a well-defined area as delegated by Principal Statistician and agreed with manager as a lead statistician
- Contributing to the development, sharing and/or statistical support of new procedures, tools or techniques in order that the quality, efficiency or effectiveness of the group is improved.
- Identifies and applies statistical methodology to improve the methodology and provide practical solutions for clinical development activities
- Network with colleagues and experts, providing statistical expertise and serving as a resource for others by sharing experience within and beyond project team
- Negotiates time frames for the completion of tasks
- MS/MSc degree essential and PhD desirable in statistics, epidemiology, health economics or related
- Three years industrial experience at multinational pharmaceutical company or Clinical Research Organization (CRO) as a biostatistician
- Well-developed communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Results driven, customer service orientation
- Writing skills for protocol, SAP, and CSR
- SAS programming skills
- Knowledge in regulatory regulation
- CDISC standard
- Qualified to apply for China Merchants Bank Credit Card (Business expenses should be reimbursed through company credit card)具备入职后能办理招商银行信用卡的资格（通过报销的业务消费必须使用公司商务信用卡）
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.