Senior Statistician I / II
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- To lead the statistical thinking and support to the Development Plans, Regulatory Strategy, Health Technology Assessment and Commercial Presentation for indications/projects within an AZ product team.
- Leadership on the indications/projects so that all work is carried out with regards to AZ standards and external regulation, in collaborating and aligned with directional guidance from senior leader
- Through partnership with experts, developing design options and providing high quality decision support to enable the business to make informed decisions
- Quantifying the benefit, risk, value and uncertainty of the emerging product profile
- To hold CRO/Partners accountable for the high quality standards of their deliverables
- Represent AZ and Statistics to Health Authorities and Reimbursement/Payer Organizations for specific projects/indications;
- Application of expert skills to investigate, apply novel statistical approaches, for relevant statistical issues and/or regulatory guidance and/or value demonstration
- Contribute and lead activity on the development of best practice and operational excellence
- Contribute and lead activity to support the education and training of R&D staff in the technical area
Academic / Professional Qualification
- MSc/PhD in Statistics，Mathematics, or other related data science majors
- Knowledge of the technical and regulatory requirements related to the role
Technical / Skills Training
- Excellent Communication skills
- Ability to apply statistical expertise to problems, problem solving and quality focus
- 3-5 years of industry experience
- Leadership skill to lead and direct elements of project work
- Accountable for the statistical work
【AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.