Associate Principle Scientist
Recognised as expert in own area and often seen as point of reference for others. May lead a small team
• Develops companion diagnostic solutions to enhance current or establish new technologies across AstraZeneca’s portfolio
• Transfers diagnostic assays in laboratory testing networks to enable delivery within a clinical study setting
• Provide Dx consultation to support new drug launch readiness and marketing promotion
• Preparation and review of documentation
• Technical troubleshooting of the diagnostic assay
• Preparation of study reports and their presentation at study team meetings
• Working within study, diagnostic and commercial teams to deliver data for registration of NDA and CDx, as well as commercial business
• Lead innovative diagnostic science to fulfil Precision Medicine approaches.
• Across boundaries in the scientific area(s) of expertise that will enable drug development projects and diagnostics labeling.
• Build and maintain a knowledge of current and emerging diagnostic assay technologies in area of expertise.
• Drive continuous improvement in the scientific area(s) of expertise, aligned to Precision Medicine strategic objectives of increasing project success, adding value to projects and delivering better medicines to patients.
• Be accountable for the time, cost and quality of agreed deliverables.
• Provide updates on the progress, risks and opportunities of the agreed deliverables to the appropriate governance bodies for review, challenge and issue resolution.
• Takes on small supervisory or skills transfer / training roles
• Monitor and ensure compliance with all AstraZeneca Policies and Standards, and local law/regulation, and immediately address instances of non-compliance.
• Bachelor or Master degree or equivalent experience in a relevant scientific subject.
• Experience of working in Dx commercial business
• Demonstrable experience of analytical diagnostic assay validation and use in a clinical testing setting.
• Ability to communicate with stakeholders for study updates, testing progress through oral presentations and progress reports.
• Experience of working with partners to drive timely and successful outcomes, through effectively working across internal and external boundaries.
• Experience of working within a global team.
• Experience of working with regulatory authorities.
• Exposure to working within a technically regulated environment.
Skills & Capabilities
• Respected in teams for understanding and insight of specific discipline and keeps up with current advances.
• Works well under supervision, designing, executing and interpreting tasks.
• Can present and communicate data to teams.
• Ability to constructively challenge others within area of specific expertise.
• Self-aware of own development needs.
• May have some functional supervisory responsibilities and will be expected to train others/transfer skills.
• Ensures delivery against own objectives in line with team/business objectives and understands line of sight from their work to overall AZ business delivery.
• Will ensure compliance with local and global company policies for self and colleagues.
• Knowledge of, and enthusiasm for, the aims and objectives of personalised healthcare.
• Willingness to travel both nationally and internationally.
【AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.