Senior Industrial Engineer, Packaging - Operations
The Senior Industrial Engineer, Packaging is accountable for establishing tracking mechanisms and driving improvement for KPIs that will increase throughput in the Process Execution Team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Measuring KPIs (OEE, schedule adherence, variances, etc.) and driving improvement plans across all shifts/lines
- Partner with technical team to establish OEE tracking system and implement appropriate visual management
- Drive line balancing, including time studies, etc.
- Establish Poka-yoke standards and drive implementation in the most valuable areas (based on problem solving)
- Drive document simplification in preparation of eBR
- Develop tools for tracking budget performance and optimize budget development
- Partner with Supply Chain and OpEx teams
- Performs Genba walks on a daily basis ensuring actions are recorded for KPI improvements and coaching is provided to area operators.
- Build understanding of the AZ Supply System (Lean House) and Lean Thinking Model Principles.
- Ensures AZ global problem solving triangle is used.
- Bachelor’s degree required with 3 or more years’ experience in a manufacturing or operations-based field/industry involving a fast-paced, customer-oriented environment
- Experience coaching and influencing others to drive performance
- Experienced in demonstrating skills in the areas of: asking questions, listening, providing feedback, self-awareness
- Display of Leadership capabilities that support customer focus, integration of diverse views, ability to make decisions under pressure, and develop an objective view of other’s capability to provide coaching and feedback in the moment and continually develop his/herself
- Lean/Six Sigma experience
- Flexibility to adjust shift schedule to support 24/7 operations
- Pharmaceutical Industry experience
- Lean/Six Sigma certification
- Knowledgeable in change management
- Experience coaching others to enhance performance
Internal/External Contacts & Customers:
- PET leadership and members
- Site Senior Leadership Team
- Operational Excellence group
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Candidate should possess the ability to work in a changing/demanding environment
Direct Reports- 0
Indirect Reports- 0
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.