Production and Material Planner - Operations
At AstraZeneca, we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe.
Our West Chester Supply Site is a very dynamic and growing manufacturing site within the AstraZeneca Global Operations network and is located just north of Cincinnati, Ohio. The West Chester site encompasses Bulk API Microsphere manufacturing, Aseptic Pharmaceutical Formulation, multi-line Isolator/Barrier Vial and Syringe Filling, and specialty Packaging Operations for Vials and Auto-Injectors that supports growing franchises in Diabetes, Respiratory, and Vaccines. Our site is one of 30 production facilities in 18 countries with over 700 people collaborating to connect powerful medications to patients in more than 60 countries around the world. We focus on providing a collaborative environment where everyone feels comfortable and able to be themselves. Being able to bring your full self to work every day is at the core of AstraZeneca’s priorities. On-site amenities include a Health and Wellness clinic, as well as a Cafeteria Grille serving breakfast and lunch items for employees and guests. We also have a Great Place to Work Counsel, involving committees of employees who coordinate several activities related to community outreach, sustainability, health and wellness and social events.
The Production & Material Planner (PMP) supports all elements of the site planning process and the Global planning processes. The PMP will attain and maintain compliance with APO Driver’s License requirements. The PMP is accountable for availability of starting materials for production processes and for ensuring that the Packaging & Bulk & Fill PETs produce to customer demand. The PMP is responsible for daily supply chain management activities including: forecast integration, demand management, supply planning, inventory management, event planning, and production scheduling. The role also is responsible for the planning and procurement of raw materials, bulk materials, and packaging components for their portfolios. The incumbent must ensure all planning activities are compliant with relevant laws, regulations and site requirements.
What you’ll do:
- The Production and Material Planner is accountable for availability of starting materials for production processes.
- Manages inventory of starting materials (ZICM, ZPAC, ZPLT, ZRAW) and/or finished goods (VMI items) in line with global stock targets.
- Monitors actual and forecasted consumption of materials and orders replenishment stock
- Manage timely and efficient processing of purchase orders through the procurement process.
- Monitor the status of open purchase orders including delivery and quality issues that may affect status.
- Review and evaluate safety stock levels, minimum order quantities, supplier and QA lead times on a regular basis to identify continuous improvement opportunities including but not limited to inventory reductions.
- Review and monitor CRs to ensure new component and material implementation plans are met and write-offs are kept to a minimum.
- Manage all rejected/non-conforming material through the Material Disposition Process.
- Tracks and reports vendor performance and interfaces with vendors on supply issues.
- Provide support to Purchasing for credit issues with vendors.
Essential for the role:
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Business Administration, Logistics, Engineering, or related field.
- Knowledge of cGMPs, SHE, SOX policies and regulations and ability to understand and apply Lean principles.
- Systems savvy – ability to become proficient in computer systems and applications.
- Minimum (3) years of experience in Pharmaceutical and/or other industry supply chain management, or related disciplines.
- Strong knowledge of production supply chain principles.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others to achieve desired business results.
- Strong influencing, negotiation, interpersonal, and communications skills.
Desired for the role:
- Five (5) years of experience in supply chain management.
- Competent in SAP (ECC, SNP, SMT), TDMS, BW, XMii, Gazelle.
- Experience with demand management in a Lean Manufacturing/Operations setting.
- Knowledge of the international supply chain operations organization and strategy APICS Certification.
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial -finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
Find out more on Social Media:
About Operations https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gak5Ham8oUw
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.