Mechanic Technician, Packaging - Operations
At AstraZeneca, we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe.
Our West Chester Supply Site is a very dynamic and growing manufacturing site within the AstraZeneca Global Operations network and is located just north of Cincinnati, Ohio. In addition to serving as the global COVID vaccine production site for AstraZeneca, the West Chester site encompasses Bulk API Microsphere manufacturing, Aseptic Pharmaceutical Formulation, multi-line Isolator/Barrier Vial and Syringe Filling, and specialty Packaging Operations for Vials and Auto-Injectors that supports growing franchises in Diabetes, Respiratory, and Vaccines. Our site is one of 30 production facilities in 18 countries with over 700 people collaborating to connect powerful medications to patients in more than 60 countries around the world. We focus on providing a collaborative environment where everyone feels comfortable and able to be themselves. Being able to bring your full self to work every day is at the core of AstraZeneca’s priorities. On-site amenities include a Health and Wellness clinic, as well as a Cafeteria Grille serving breakfast and lunch items for employees and guests. We also have a Great Place to Work Counsel, involving committees of employees who coordinate several activities related to community outreach, sustainability, health and wellness and social events.
The Mechanic Technician is a position reporting to a Process Execution Team Facilitator, which supports Packaging operations. The position entails the execution of setup, changeover, repairs and preventative maintenance for all equipment used in the production processes in various Classified/Non-Classified areas. It requires the ability to perform mechanical and electronic troubleshooting in order to ensure optimal operation of equipment via OEE. The Mechanic Technician will also perform basic mechanical training to Technicians and serve as a resource to implementation of continuous improvement projects.
6:00pm-6:30am night shift role
What you'll do:
- Perform cleaning and housekeeping activities for assigned areas as required to maintain a cGMP environment.
- Perform 5S activities and maintain organization of operating areas.
- Perform work requirements in a responsible manner, in accordance with SOPs, cGMPs and established safety procedures in accordance with OSHA requirements and guidelines.
- Be familiar with “Material Safety Data Sheets” for area chemicals.
- Perform batch record and GMP documentation entries. Maintain records and/or logs as required in performance of job responsibilities. This will include mathematical computation where needed.
- Knowledge of product security controls including controlled substance handling.
- Responsible for outgoing quality level.
- Some overtime will be required with prior notice to support business needs. Emergency overtime may be required with little notice to ensure operation of equipment within the PET.
- Work with minimal supervision under the direction of the Maintenance Facilitator, Process Facilitator, Engineer, or other activity lead.
- Perform roles of Technician as required to support daily PET activities.
- Complete emergency repair, rebuilding, changeover and inspection work on production and related equipment. Install, inspect, test, adjust, repair and perform line turnarounds, changeovers, and preventative maintenance per established procedures in a timely and efficient manner. Complete documentation and required functions in the work order system to close out activities in compliance with cGMPs.
- Use a variety of testing, tools, and measuring equipment in the efficient maintenance and troubleshooting of electronic, environmental monitoring, pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical line equipment.
- Set-up equipment and perform required adjustments to ensure each operation is performing per process specifications. Provide training to operators for equipment set-up and for minor adjustments or repairs.
Essential for the role:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum two years of experience in a regulated production environment, specifically responsible for equipment maintenance and performance.
- Must have the ability to effectively understand, read, write, communicate and follow instructions in the English language.
- Ability to lift and handle equipment change parts, tooling, and materials associated with equipment maintenance and repair.
Desirable for the role:
- Associates in Engineering or a related discipline or equivalent mechanical trade school graduate preferred.
- Previous experience with automated equipment preferred.
- Training in other technical disciplines including; refrigeration technology, vacuum technology, programmable logic controllers, freeze drying, blow-fill seal applications preferred.
- Training in mechanics, hydraulics, electronics and testing equipment in electrical and/or mechanical troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of data and materials maintenance systems such as SAP, KRONOS, or other MRP systems.
- Experience with OEE, TPM, LEAN or other Continuous Improvement systems.
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial -finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
Find out more on Social Media:
About Operations https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gak5Ham8oUw
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.