Maintenance Supervisor, Packaging - Operations
At AstraZeneca, we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe.
Our West Chester Supply Site is a very dynamic and growing manufacturing site within the AstraZeneca Global Operations network and is located just north of Cincinnati, Ohio. In addition to serving as the global COVID vaccine production site for AstraZeneca , the West Chester site encompasses Bulk API Microsphere manufacturing, Aseptic Pharmaceutical Formulation, multi-line Isolator/Barrier Vial and Syringe Filling, and specialty Packaging Operations for Vials and Auto-Injectors that supports growing franchises in Diabetes, Respiratory, and Vaccines. Our site is one of 30 production facilities in 18 countries with over 700 people collaborating to connect powerful medications to patients in more than 60 countries around the world. We focus on providing a collaborative environment where everyone feels comfortable and able to be themselves. Being able to bring your full self to work every day is at the core of AstraZeneca’s priorities. On-site amenities include a Health and Wellness clinic, as well as a Cafeteria Grille serving breakfast and lunch items for employees and guests. We also have a Great Place to Work Counsel, involving committees of employees who coordinate several activities related to community outreach, sustainability, health and wellness and social events.
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for PET instrumentation and controls the maintenance program.
What you'll do:
- Ensures maintenance of the technical infrastructure and services; as well as process validation, process improvement, and project management.
- Responsible for management of the Maintenance Technician team, providing day to day direction & guidance, training/coaching/mentoring, and career development.
- Responsible for ensuring assets are operating and maintained. This includes scheduling of all maintenance activities, coordination of technical resources and technical troubleshooting. This position requires extensive collaboration with other departments and with OEM suppliers.
- Accountable for content and proper execution of procedures, PMs, and work orders.
- Oversee a variety of installation, calibration, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair
- Assist in qualification activities related to instrumentation, calibration, and utilities.
- Participate in cross-functional teams to support business needs.
- Provide qualified instruction to perform departmental technical training.
- Participate in inter-departmental customer service and project support meetings.
- Ensure product quality and maintaining the highest standards in compliance with company policies, procedures, and all applicable regulations.
Essential for the role:
- Bachelor’s degree required in an engineering, scientific, or technical discipline.
- 5 years production maintenance management.
- Demonstrated ability to lead multi-functional teams.
- Excellent written and oral communication and time management skills.
- Must have strong working knowledge of instrumentation and related GMP requirements in the Pharmaceutical industry.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of SAP PM.
- Ability to analyze business requirements and implement process oriented solutions.
- Knowledge of controls systems (PLC, HMI, SCADA, etc.).
Desirable for the role:
- Advanced degree.
- Experience in a facilities management and/or plant maintenance, including reliability based maintenance planning and analysis.
- Experience in project management, SAP focus.
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial -finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
Find out more on Social Media:
About Operations https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gak5Ham8oUw
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.