ServiceNow Service Lead
At AstraZeneca, we believe in the potential of our people and you’ll develop beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to see what you can achieve no matter where you start with us.
The purpose of Shared Service & Automation Team is to drive improvements and efficiencies across our IT services through innovation and automation, as well as deliver End to End Service Improvements across IT to ensure our services and processes are as effective and as efficient as possible and in support of our current and future business needs. We do this by owning the strategy, support and development of our shared Service platform (ServiceNow) which is used to support IT, HR, Finance and other enabling functions with opportunities to demonstrate the capability to introduce workflow, features and functionality to improve the customer experience. We work closely with ServiceNow vendor to develop solutions and prioritise the introduction of new features and services.
The ServiceNow Service Lead role includes:
- Lead the ServiceNow team that develop and maintain our platform at AstraZeneca, ensuring a robust service and well executed release management.
- Responsible for delivering a shared Service to the business functions and customers using ServiceNow.
- Co-ordinates the platform releases ensuring they are delivered efficiently and effectively reciprocally with the customer base and partners whilst warranting no unplanned business disruption.
- Ensure the quality of the development is of a high standard to minimise rework and retest.
- Ensure the global team have the right skills and training to understand new features and modules in order to develop and exploit the capabilities working closely with Product Owners.
- Line Management of a globally distributed team.
- Close collaboration with ServiceNow Architecture and Demand teams as well as Principal partners across the business areas/customer groups.
- Personnel and resource management of global team, fulfilling manager responsibilities and individual development plans are carried out in accordance with AZ values.
- Ensures a customer centric attitude and approach from all team members to deliver and manage ServiceNow as a world-class service.
- Ensures Service Improvement opportunities are identified and raised for core platform or with Product Owners and methodologies are followed and measured.
- Measure and report performance of the ServiceNow platform and service and team to senior partners.
- Develop and implement platform upgrades, patches, improvements and defects with minimal unplanned impact on day-to-day business use.
- Ensures all documentation in place and plans, communicates, tests and executes all changes.
- Operates and maintains ServiceNow in accordance with Security and Compliance requirements for a validated system status.
- Partner with ServiceNow vendor to ensure system performance, support and requirements are understood and provided within any SLA/contractual commitments or expectations.
- Maintain day to day operational relationships with other suppliers ensuring they deliver required services as effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Assists with the documentation, execution and maintenance of the Event Management process as well as any remediation activities.
- Participates in monitoring the health of the Event Management process through established metrics and partner feedback.
- 1st Level Critical issue point for any ServiceNow service issues and works with the appropriate vendors or Product Owners to problem solve in line with AstraZeneca business critical priorities.
- Support development of the roadmap for service alongside the platform with other key roles including Architect, Core Data, Demand Lead, Product Owners and dependent system or application owners.
Candidate Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Successful candidates will be required to demonstrate the following capabilities & skills:
- Proven experience running and maintaining a Service Management or Application platform with a global user base.
- Proven experience of using key IT processes including Incident, Change, Problem, Request & Knowledge as well as Event and Release.
- Validated experience in a service management role, preferably within a global matrix organisation.
- Technical or Management knowledge of the ServiceNow platform.
- Experience working and dealing with suppliers and vendors, contractual and licensing awareness.
- Experience in global leadership and line management, with awareness of cultural differences and policies
- Experience of working in and managing a globally distributed team.
- Ability to travel to India and Mexico (primary team sites)
- Ability to work well in diverse, multinational teams and proven ability to influence others to achieve positive outcomes.
- This role has 6/7 direct reports and also has task/matrix management responsibilities within projects
- Excellent customer centric behaviours and a demonstrated customer approach to delivery
- Excellent communication skills, including written and verbal
- Excellent partner management and relationship building skills
- Ability to prioritise, re-schedule or adapt to changes and make decisions in pressure situations.
- Ability to analyse requests or issues and provide the best possible solution.
- A self-starter with high levels of drive, energy, resilience and ability to take the initiative.
- Budget and financial process awareness
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.