VIP Support Specialist
VIP Support Specialist – Wilmington, DE
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
The AZ IT VIP Service is provided to the AstraZeneca business to support our top Executive team with white glove technical support anywhere in the world they may need assistance. The VIP Global service will cover 24x7 support for this limited group of executives.
The service will be provided at AZ Campus sites as a normal practice. However, to properly provide the VIP support, travel to alternate sites or locations may be required at any time. The service will go to the executive whenever practical.
The normal hours of coverage of the service is based on the hours of the AZ Campus where provided. However, as VIP is a 24x7 Global service, the service will provide additional coverage for non-site hours. With Global reach, the service will use a follow the sun methodology when appropriate.
The role has a dotted line into the Global Onsite Lead as part of the Global Onsite VIP Team remit to: Implement VIP strategy at sites; share VIP best practices and standards; manage VIP services as a global standard.
Line managed by Campus IT Manager. Works closely with Campus IT Managers and local IT Team, being a key member of the on-site team.
The VIP Support Specialist will work closely with the local AZ IT community of Service Managers and Campus IT Manager to share global best practices for VIP and technology support and develop local best practice support practices for VIPs and our normal customers.
Candidate Focus & Challenge
- Interact with the senior level executives using excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Adopt and portray a professional approach to all customer situations and ensure commitments are set accordingly and adhered to.
- Take full ownership of Executive Incidents. Lead them to resolution directly or by engagement with other IT service teams.
- Service Ownership which includes: 24x7 Support for Executive Customers, including senior level executive home office support, support while traveling, and high touch support for their Office Assistant. Must manage time flexibly to best suit the schedule of Executives.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot desktop systems, workstations, network, and audio/visual issues in a regulated environment.
- Responsible for creation and updating all related procedures and documentation.
- Knowledge of and preparedness of all changes and policies that may affect Executive workflow.
- Measure and monitor customer experience and ongoing satisfaction for the VIP service and normal onsite support provided to VIPs.
- Conduct continuous service improvement activities to address issues or concerns with VIP Services and support.
- Part of a Campus support team that will optimize VIP Support, Supplier On-site Support and AZ trainers with a focus on customer experience and improving our IT Service.
- Responsible for documenting incidents, problems and requests in the company ticketing system.
- Communicate highly technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Work independently and with little supervision, must think and act quickly in high pressure situations and must work with a high level of discretion.
- Provide technical support for meetings held by senior level executives with internal or external participants.
- Provide “hands and eyes” support for network, servers, and conference rooms as needed and as directed by the service provider
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in an Executive IT Support capacity.
- Self-starter that is willing to learn and able to manage ambiguity and operate effectively with little supervision
- Possess a Customer-Focused mentality and a willingness to provide prioritization, planning, coordination, ownership and accountability for each escalation handled with tact and diplomacy at all times
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work in a matrix organization.
- Ability to influence people and thought processes without direct authority.
- Ability and desire to help evolve and implement improved processes.
- Ability to understand IT services and qualifying factors in order to understand how Customer requirements will affect delivery.
- Ability to understand the Customer’s business and how IT contributes to the delivery of that product or service.
- Patience, tolerance and resilience.
- Innovative in respect of service quality and ways in which it can be improved within the bounds of the organization’s limits (resource, budgetary, legal, etc.)
- Experience of operating in a pharmaceutical or regulated environment is required.
- Strong analytical / technical problem solving and troubleshooting skills across the wide range of technology
- Excellent knowledge and troubleshooting experience in supporting Microsoft Office required
- Working knowledge of Active Directory, User Accounts, Groups, and OUs.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Systems Management Server and Systems Center products (Configuration Manager) to deploy, monitor and support the environment.
- Working knowledge of Apple products (MacBook, iPAD, iPhone)
- Bachelors degree
- Experience working with Service Now ticketing systems a plus
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.