Vendor Manager / Associate Vendor Manager, Logistics and Clinical Supply (LCS)
Do you have a passion for Science? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person.
About AstraZeneca in Gaithersburg, MD:
Our Gaithersburg, Maryland facility creates life-changing medicines for people around the world. This campus employs more than 3,500 experts in our field and is only a short drive from Washington, DC. This modern and vibrant scientific campus is the home of R&D and Oncology in the US. Here, we play host to some of the most cutting-edge technology and lab spaces, all designed to inspire collaboration and cross-functional science. We believe employees benefit from being challenged and inspired at work. We are dedicated to creating a culture of inclusion and collaboration.
The Gaithersburg site offers a variety of amenities to help boost productivity and help keep our employees happy and healthy. This includes a fitness center, employee healthcare clinic, electric vehicle charging stations, dry cleaning, full-service cafeteria and copy center. This is where you’ll find newly-designed, activity-based work spaces to suit a variety of working styles while increasing collaboration between teams.
Summary of the group :
Logistics and Clinical Supply is a key group embedded within Biopharmaceutical Development (BPD), the large molecule CMC development power-house of AstraZeneca. As part of our team in Gaithersburg, MD you’ll play a pivotal role in bringing BPD science to patients. We’re right at the front end of an integrated R&D organization delivering life-changing new medicines to clinical trials worldwide. In this role you’ll have the opportunity to work across all of our key therapeutic areas including oncology, respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity, cardiovascular and metabolic disease, infection and vaccines. We offer a unique and strong collaborative network as part of the broad AstraZeneca family, while at the same enjoying the agility and connectivity of a close, innovative team.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
The Associate Vendor Manager will contribute to the planning and ongoing delivery of investigational products to clinical studies. They will manage external vendor services, deliver the aligned financial processes, and champion regulatory compliance activities for our team.
- Recommending, selecting, contracting and managing outsourced activities in a manner that is compliant with standards and regulations, minimizes costs, and maximises high quality delivery
- Contributing to management of vendor relationships including measuring and monitoring key performance metrics, trending data as required and providing clear 2-way communications flow.
- Supporting the sourcing and supply investigational materials, the role will liaise with project teams to understand and deliver requirements with minimum lead-time, stock levels and cost
- Enabling systems and procedures that ensure the day-to-day functioning of the supply chain. Includes identification and fast resolution of potential problems
- Contributing to financial management as well as key compliance aspects of our teams delivery the Associate Vendor manager will support the team through the use of relevant information technology systems.
- Overall working collaboratively at many interfaces internally and externally to support highly effective outsourcing of clinical supply activities
Education & Experience Requirements:
BS and 5+ years relevant experience (or 9+ years of experience in lieu of BS degree)
MS and 3+ years relevant experience
BS and 8+ years relevant experience (or 12+ years of experience in lieu of BS degree)
MS and 5+ years relevant experience
- Direct experience working in a development or technical operations environment in the pharmaceutical, scientific or healthcare industry
- Working knowledge of biopharmaceutical development process
- IT Savvy: Experience working with technical IT systems to include Quality Management Systems (Trackwise), ERP (SAP/iBuy), inventory management systems and other
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and to collaborate and coordinate complex activities within cross functional project teams
- An effective representative for LCS as the primary Vendor contact on assigned contracts and projects
- Experience in IMP management and supply and some experience and/or working understanding of cGMP, GCP and ICH guidelines
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognising their potential. Join us on our journey to build a new kind of organisation that resets expectations of what a biopharmaceutical company can be. Open to new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge approaches and catalysing new ideas within teams.
Interested? Come and Find out more:
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.