Team Leader – Inhalation Product Development
We are looking for a strong and influential leader to join the multi-skilled Inhalation Product Development (IPD) department in Gothenburg. Take this opportunity to become a Team Leader for a team which is in the very frontline of inhaled development!
Inhalation Product Development in Gothenburg at AstraZeneca designs and delivers the combined drug-device product (including formulation, device and packaging) to support new medicines. We are part of AstraZeneca Operations, a truly world-class business unit which offers one of the most exciting, fast-paced, challenging and rewarding work environments in the world of operations, supply chain and manufacturing.
As Team Leader, you will lead a team of 8-12 people, playing a key role in developing new exciting inhaled products for AstraZeneca. Your team’s scope is analytical development and characterisation, focusing both on small molecules and new modalities, like proteins, oligonucleotides and peptides. You are an experienced leader, preferably with a solid background in inhaled development and characterisation, with a strong scientific interest in this exciting and challenging area of drug development. You will frequently be representing IPD Gothenburg within our global organisation for inhaled development and in settings with neighbouring units like Oral Product Development and Pharmaceutical Sciences.
You will report to the Director of IPD Gothenburg and you will be a key player in the IPD Gothenburg Leadership Team.
• Lead, manage, coach and develop a team of 8-12 individuals
• Be an active part of the IPD Gothenburg Leadership Team, to drive the strategy for our unit and to manage our pool of amazing talents
• Be the IPD accountable person for key projects in our inhaled portfolio, to ensure that the we work according to the right strategy and to organise the work as efficiently as possible
• Continuously looking for ways to improve our way of working
• Assume accountability for safety, health and environment (SHE) status of our unit
• Ensure that your team delivers on time and to great quality
• Represent IPD Gothenburg in internal forums that best fit your skills and/or ambition to develop yourself
• Drive a lean way of working for your team and for our organisation in general
• Be one of the key people to ensure that Inhaled Product Development Gothenburg remains a great place to work!
• Master’s degree in chemistry, pharmacy, bioscience or similar
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry
• Good understanding of pharmaceutical development including understanding of regulatory requirements and analytical development
• Good understanding/knowledge of the overall drug development process and knowledge of what CMC attributes make this process successful.
• Documented experience in at least two of the below:
- Leading teams
- Inhaled development
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills in English
• Experience in a GMP environment is preferable
• Experience of working as Team Manager/Leader
• Team-oriented working style and effective stakeholder management skills
• Excellent negotiation, collaboration and interpersonal skills
• Strong leadership, coaching and mentoring skills
• Ability to analyse and interpret complex situations and provide clear strategic directions for others
The seniority of the role can depend and be adjusted depending on your previous experience.
About AstraZeneca Gothenburg Site
Our stunning campus in Gothenburg is one of AstraZeneca’s three strategic science centers. The site is home to over 2,500 employees, from 50 different nationalities. Gothenburg includes the complete range of functions, and as such offers plenty of development opportunities for a wide range of professionals. Our science teams in Gothenburg collaborate with academic and industry partners in Sweden and globally. And the site itself has been designed with collaboration in mind. From the Coffee Lab to exercise areas, we’ve built a series of environments where innovation can happen.
If this sounds like the next challenge for you – apply today!
We look forward to your application no later than August 16, 2020.
If you have any questions about this role, please contact Tobias Bramer, Director, Inhalation Product Development Gothenburg: tobias.bramer(@)astrazeneca.com
Where can I find out more?
Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Our Gothenburg site: https://www.astrazeneca.com/our-science/gothenburg.html
Life in Gothenburg: https://www.movetogothenburg.com/
Culture and atmosphere of the Gothenburg site: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6496327311678410752/
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.