Talent Acquisition Coordinator
Do you have expertise in, and passion for, supporting all aspects of recruitment coordination delivering perfection in Human Resources? Are you an ambitious self-starter that enjoys adding value by playing a critical role in hiring top industry talent? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the role in a company that follows science and turns ideas into life-changing medicines? If so, then AstraZeneca's Talent Acquisition Coordinator in Gaithersburg MD might be the one for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development, and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
An ambitious spirit that keeps us ahead of the rest – we apply creativity to every task we do, taking smart risks to turn our ideas into reality. Always at full speed, we thrive in our fast-paced and dynamic environment. As a team of forward-thinking minds, we’re hard-working, digitally savvy innovators, who unite together as one to simultaneously support and push each other forward.
Our Gaithersburg, MD campus employs more than 3,500 specialists in our field and is only a short drive from Washington, DC. This modern scientific campus is the home of R&D and Oncology in the US. Here, we play host to some of the most cutting-edge technology and lab spaces, all crafted to encourage collaboration and cross-functional science. This is where you’ll find newly-designed, activity-based workspaces to suit a variety of working styles while growing partnership between teams.
In this role, you will become a valued member of our US Talent Acquisition (TAq) Team and play a critical role in hiring top industry talent. Our team members often have opportunities to be the primary liaison with Talent Acquisition Partners and Talent Scouts and to participate in projects across HR, as well as supporting the administrative responsibilities that are associated with recruiting top talent into AstraZeneca.
You will support all aspects of recruitment coordination and administration for your assigned clients/location, as well as collaborating closely with hiring managers, administrative assistants, Talent Acquisition Partners, candidates, and other external partners and suppliers, where appropriate.
Because of our passion for innovation, we strive to develop, retain and encourage hardworking people. At AstraZeneca, everything we do is underpinned by our dedication to being a Great Place to Work because we recognize that our people are our greatest asset and know what’s possible with a forward-thinking and diverse team that believes in what science can do.
What you will do:
- Deliver Excellence in HR by ensuring accurate and high-quality data is maintained to enable the production of relevant reporting.
- Present New Employee Orientation (in-person and virtually).
- Own Executive Interview Scheduling from beginning to end.
- Be an Employee Brand ambassador, executing responsibilities to ensure candidates and Hiring Managers to have an exceptional experience, working through internal centers of excellence and external vendors, where appropriate.
- Represent US Onboarding, working across global hubs for program optimization.
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least 5+ years of experience working in a senior administrative role, preferably supporting complex projects, working with senior leaders, and external customers
- Independently deliver/present New Employee Orientation (in-person and virtually) on a weekly basis (or other frequency, as defined)
- Strong administrative/organization skills, with high-level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite tools (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word) and use of video conferencing tools (e.g., MS Teams, Zoom)
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills to expertly engage, communicate and work across local and regional Talent Acquisition and HR teams, major stakeholders, and other internal clients. Must be able to optimally influence without authority.
- Must use analytical and critical-thinking skills to independently meet deadlines and balance ambitious, multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Experience providing high-quality, professional support service, working proactively and independently without day-to-day direction
- Proven flexibility and adaptability to address dynamic business environment
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience with the design of New Employee Orientation
- Proficiency with business tools, such as a HR Information System and Applicant Tracking System
- Strong administrative/organization skills, with proficiency with Microsoft Office and other business tools and software (e.g., HR Information Systems and Applicant Tracking Systems)
- Knowledge of policies, processes, and procedures pertaining to recruitment (including relevant labor and country, such as EEO/AA, immigration, employment laws, etc.)
- Notary in the State of Maryland
At AstraZeneca, we're dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients, and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth, and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
So, what’s next?
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.