Statistical Science, Associate Director - Late R&I
Senior Statistician/Statistical Science Associate Director – Late Respiratory & Immunology (R&I)
Location: Gaithersburg (Maryland), Durham (North Carolina)
Competitive salary and benefits
Career level: D or E
Play a critical role in making our pipeline accessible to patients.
Do you have expertise in, and passion for, Biostatistics? Would you like to apply your skills to impact the early phase of drug development and regulatory interactions, in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven BioPharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
Join the team unlocking the power of what science can do. We are working towards treating, preventing, modifying and even curing some of the world’s most complex diseases. Here we have the potential to grow our pipeline and positively impact the lives of billions of patients around the world.
We work on some of the most complex and interesting challenges. A fast-paced and agile team, we are empowered and trusted to innovate and experiment. With access to our extensive capabilities and comprehensive pipeline, you’ll be involved in countless submissions and a wide range of engaging projects along the complete drug development process.
We are offering opportunities for Statisticians at a variety of levels, depending on your previous experience. Our Late R&I (Respiratory & Immunology) Biometrics team is dedicated to the development of innovative treatment of Respiratory and Immunology diseases. You will join a global, diverse and cross-functional environment where you will get personal and professional development.
In this role, we will give you the chance to utilize your statistical expertise in the design, analysis, and interpretation of clinical trial programs; submission and defence of regulatory filings; and the generation of evidence to support product commercialization and reimbursement
Main duties and responsibilities
You will use your statistical know-how to contribute to the design and progress of clinical trial programs. You may already be equipped to lead statistical employees, either by technical leadership or line management. We offer a role suited perfectly for your competence.
Your responsibilities will include
- Contribute to or lead the statistical thinking, analysis and reporting to relevant groups in product and study teams
- Develop design options and provide high-quality information for the business through partnership with internal and external experts
- Representing AstraZeneca to Health Authorities and Reimbursement & Payer Organizations for specific projects
- Apply expert skills to investigate and use standard, as well as novel, statistical approaches for relevant statistical issues
In addition to the above, you will:
- Contribute to the development, sharing and statistical support of new procedures, standards, tools, or techniques to surpass quality, efficiency, and effectiveness within this group.
- Build opportunities for the application of modelling and simulation to improve study design, methodology and solutions for clinical development, and statistical methodology to improve and provide practical solutions for research/ production activities
- Coach more junior staff and support with education and training of statistics staff
- Interact with and influence key stakeholders and governance
- MSc or PhD degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, or related quantitative fields, or equivalent course work/ technical experience with experience in pharma/healthcare or other relevant area
- In depth knowledge of the technical and regulatory requirements related to the role
- Extensive experience of pharmaceutical development, program design and data analysis and interpretation
- Experience of major regulatory interactions and/or submissions
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build strong relationships
- Excellent collaboration required – needs the energy to work across global & functional boundaries both internally and externally
- Ability to apply statistical expertise to complex problems, problem solving and quality focus
So, what’s next?
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available and we hope it’s yours.
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognising their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organisation to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
AstraZeneca has taken critical steps to protecting colleagues, loved ones, and patients from COVID-19 and its variants. COVID-19 vaccination is required for all US employees, and weekly PCR COVID-19 testing is required for those who are unvaccinated or have an approved accommodation.
Where can I find out more?
Check out our landing page for more information on our BPD group https://careers.astrazeneca.com/bpd
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.