Sr. Medical Program Manager
The Senior Medical Program Manager, Access Services, is accountable for the performance of Access Services patient and provider support program design and implementation, ensuring the program operations meet brand requirements, and serve as the liaison between brand, medical, functional partners and the access services team. A key responsibility of this is role is to ensure the program teams have a clear understanding of brand goals and that services offerings are provided with high quality, enhance healthcare providers and patient access to AstraZeneca brands, and evolve over time as market conditions evolve. This position has multi‐faceted responsibilities with various contact points internal and external to the company.
This position will require a talented individual who exhibits a deep understanding of patient and provider support program strategies and tactics, exhibits strategic thinking, takes a consultative approach, and has strong communication skills, project management competencies, and a proven track record of managing these programs successfully.
- Ensures deep understanding of brand strategy, competitive landscape including competitor service mix, technology offerings, and patient and provider challenges and expectations.
- Provide consultative insights on channel and services strategy best practices and how AZ programs will differentiate the company in the market, sharing learnings from other brands and therapeutic areas.
- Serve as Access Services lead on cross-functional launch teams for new drug launches or label expansions ensuring patient support considerations are represented and communicated back to the respective teams.
- Accountable for ensuring brand and Access Services marketing asset portfolio is comprehensive, delivers exceptional customer experience, and meets brand’s goals.
- Develop program and services training plan for Access Services teams.
- Accountable for ensuring all program assets developed to support product indications are reviewed and approved by legal and medical teams and incorporated in business process, and technology offerings.
- Accountable for development of Access Services brand reporting library including gaining alignment on standard reports as well as service trend analysis.
- Accountable for program processes and program specific procedures (PSPs) aligned to brand service strategy.
- Lead internal functional groups (Operations, Training and Quality department, Sales Operations, Project Management Office, among others) and other AZ stakeholders to effectively deliver service enhancements and brand initiatives.
- Accountable for defining program performance metrics, including Service Level Agreements (SLAs) or Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), brand expectations and goals to the operations team.
- Monitor program adherence to the SLAs and KPIs, and identify process gaps and enhancements that create efficiency and deliver a better customer experience.
- Provide regular feedback to operations Director regarding Operations manager performance and other operations staff.
- Monitor brand forecasted volume to adjust internal forecasts and communicate changes to appropriate parties. Collaborate with AZ brands to monitor volume trends and track program budgets.
- Participate in account review/strategic planning exercises with the access services senior leaders.
- Bachelor Degree in Healthcare or related field.
- 5 years patient support experience with progressive responsibilities.
- Demonstrated capability to successfully collaborate with brand teams to launch new brands within the contact center.
- Experience managing contact center implementation projects such as data exchanges and reporting workshops.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to provide clear messages to all levels within AstraZeneca.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively establish and maintain working relationships with peers and constituents at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated analysis and problem solving skills using innovative thinking.
- Experience working with and negotiating with external vendors.
- Master’s Degree in Healthcare related field or Business Management.
- Patient support, access and reimbursement experience.
- Experience with programs that support patients on Renal medicines and/or infused and injectable products.
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together.
So, what’s next!
- Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media –
Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.