Sr. Marketing Manager, Non-Personal Digital & Media, Oncology
Sr. Marketing Manager, Non-Personal Digital & Media, LYNPARZA
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial,
thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of
science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we
think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
As Sr. Marketing Manager, Non-Personal Digital & Media, you will play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing the lives of people with cancer. North American Commercial is the 'face' of AstraZeneca to our many healthcare clients. They represent many of the most well recognized and respected products in the industry, and build strong relationships with healthcare professionals. AstraZeneca has a deep-rooted heritage in Oncology and offers a quickly-growing portfolio of new medicines that has the potential to transform patients’ lives and the Company’s future. By harnessing the power of four scientific platforms - Immuno-Oncology, Tumor Drivers and Resistance, DNA Damage Response and Antibody Drug Conjugates - and by championing the development of personalized combinations, AstraZeneca has the vision to redefine cancer treatment and one day eliminate cancer as a cause of death.
The Sr. Marketing Manager, Non-Personal Digital & Media, will be responsible for the strategy and tactical execution of all non-personal promotion deliverables required to drive the HCP brand strategy for Ovarian and Breast Cancer. This includes:
- Input into brand strategy and accountable for the non-personal promotion strategy
- Execution of all non-personal promotion tactics; development of any training or communications required for execution
- Close collaboration and coordination with the Merck team, who is accountable for non-personal promotion for Prostate and Pancreatic cancers as well as Direct to Consumer across all tumor types
- Development of pan-tumor, HCP-directed, promotional materials may also be included.
This position will report directly into an Associate Director, LYNPARZA Marketing, and will work in close partnership with the Brand Managers/Directors on the team. The role will work collaboratively across the DDR Franchise and the Oncology Business Unit, and will play a critical role in integrating the execution of our marketing plan across LYNPARZA current and future indications.
This position is based at our Gaithersburg, MD campus, headquarters for our US Oncology and the Oncology Business Unit.
- Lead the LYNPARZA digital and non-personal promotion strategy and tactical planning and execution, in close partnership with the Merck team
- Develop and execute non-personal promotional plans across ovarian and breast cancer indications, and ensure their consistency with brand strategy
- Manage partner agency relationships, workflow and related expense budgets
- Participate in the annual operational planning process by shaping the tactical plan and budget required to achieve the brand’s stated objectives
- Seek and identify emerging digital technologies that can build innovative delivery of strategic brand imperatives – traditional web, social media, new/emerging technologies and traditional marketing platforms
- Identify innovative ways to link our personal promotion channels to our non-personal promotion channels via our internal and external CRM systems.
- Partner with Business Insights team and external partners to define success metrics and analyze performance of marketing programs on an ongoing basis; Ensure plans are optimized to improve impact and develop recommendations for future plans.
- Review marketplace data and make recommendations for brand implications/actions. Partner with agencies and market research as needed to investigate implications and optimize programming.
- Ensure legal/regulatory compliance and medical accuracy of all digital marketing materials
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field
- 5+ years’ experience in pharmaceutical and/or healthcare industry with experience in one or more of the following: managed markets, brand marketing, sales, market research/analytics, strategic planning
- MBA in relevant field
- Prior in-line marketing experience
- Oncology or specialty care experience highly preferred
- Experience working in agency setting (digital and/or HCP promotions)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to manage complex projects
- Demonstrated ability to lead without authority
- Ability to gauge the feasibility, impact and risks of proposed programs
- Comfort operating in a highly regulated environment and industry
- Strong business acumen skills, as role is responsible for managing multiple program budgets, timelines, process and procedures
- High ethical standards and personal integrity
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.