Sr Franchise Lead CVRM (Sr Director level)
The Medical Information Sr. Franchise Lead, is accountable for leading Medical Biopharm Medical Information deliverables. This role is accountable for the planning, prioritization, and execution of Medical Information-related brand/franchise area deliverables for the Medical Biopharma organization, including developing scientific content aligned with Medical strategy, HCP MI engagement such as answering medical inquiries, and reviewing/providing scientific consult to promotional materials (US). This role is accountable for delivering approved global scientific content that are accessible to Regions/local Marketing Companies (MCs).
This role is also accountable for the leadership and management of a team of Brand/Franchise Medical Information Leads, Sr/Medical Information Managers, and external resource partners (OSP/vendor). The Sr. Franchise Lead, Medical Information will report to the Head of Medical Information.
- Accountable for leadership, training and direction of a franchise area MI team, including franchise strategy, routine management and coaching of team members, best practice sharing, planning and alignment of priorities.
- As a member of the Global Medical Team/US Core Medical Team, contributes to the development and implementation of the Medical Plans, and alignment of MI deliverables to the Medical Plans
- Accountable to deliver high quality Global and US franchise area medical information deliverables by the team, including the following core deliverables:
- Medical content development, including standard responses, slide decks, FAQs, and background documents
- HCP MI engagement, such as responding to medical information requests (US) and escalated inquiries from other local markets
- Payor content and requests (US)
- Promotional review, scientific messaging consultation (US)
- Analysis of MI trends and insight
- Coordinate MI resources/plan for key US/international medical congresses
- Lead the prioritization, planning, and development of medical content plan with local market consultation and cross-functional stakeholder’s collaborations.
- Participate as a strategic partner with the Global & US franchise teams and Medical colleagues to ensure identification of opportunities and drive appropriate integration of Medical Information staff.
- Monitor the medical environment and apply scientific expertise in MI strategy and deliverables, integrated with regulatory and compliance knowledge.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to identify creative and innovative approaches for leveraging scientific information to meet both business and customer needs.
- Contribute to the development of processes to enhance efficiencies and increase global/local MI capabilities
- Conduct activities and interactions consistent with Company values and in compliance with the Code of Conduct and supporting Policies and Standards relevant to your role. Complete all required training on the AZ Code of Conduct and supporting Policies and Standards on time. Report potential issues of non-compliance.\
- Ensure and monitor compliance by team members and third parties by (a) positively reinforcing the Code of Conduct and all relevant AstraZeneca Policies and Standards, (b) ensuring completion of all required training, (c) fostering a culture of openness in which employees are comfortable raising questions or concerns, and (d) immediately addressing and reporting, as appropriate, instances of non-compliance.
- Manager Accountabilities at AstraZeneca include Ethical Conduct and Compliance, Team Management, Performance Management, Individual Development Planning, Talent Management, Recruitment, People information, SHE accountabilities, and Fiscal and Financial awareness.
- Leaders with accountability for GXP areas are expected to understand the legal and regulatory requirements of their roles in providing appropriate resources (which could be human, financial, material, facilities, and equipment) to maintain the Quality system and continually improve its effectiveness.
- Doctorate degree in scientific discipline or applicable health sciences field (e.g., PharmD, PhD, MD)
- >5 years experience in pharmaceutical industry based drug information delivery or equivalent industry experience with at least 1-2 years of experience working with Commercial or Brand Teams
- Medical Affairs experience (US, Global, and Therapeutic Area experience preferred)
- Experience in drug information, and content creation (e.g., medical writing and slide deck development)
- Demonstrated expertise in the review of promotional materials
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to apply FDA, legal, regulatory, and compliance requirements to Medical Affairs activities and drug information delivery
- Demonstration of strategic thinking
- Experience of successful influencing cross functionally, cross-culturally and cross-brands
- Experience of effective working in a multi-cultural, multi-location teams
- Line Management experience
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.