Senior Planner/Manager, Supply Planning - BPD
Do you have a passion for Science? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person.
About AstraZeneca in Gaithersburg, MD:
Our Gaithersburg, Maryland facility creates life-changing medicines for people around the world. This campus employs more than 3,500 experts in our field and is only a short drive from Washington, DC. This modern and vibrant scientific campus is the home of R&D and Oncology in the US. Here, we play host to some of the most cutting-edge technology and lab spaces, all designed to inspire collaboration and cross-functional science. We believe employees benefit from being challenged and inspired at work. We are dedicated to creating a culture of inclusion and collaboration.
The Gaithersburg site offers a variety of amenities to help boost productivity and help keep our employees happy and healthy. This includes a fitness center, employee healthcare clinic, electric vehicle charging stations, dry cleaning, full-service cafeteria and copy center. This is where you’ll find newly-designed, activity-based work spaces to suit a variety of working styles while increasing collaboration between teams.
Summary of the group:
The Materials Management team is responsible for the planning, procurement, and distribution of GMP raw materials required for the production of Clinical trial material. The team is composed of Buyers, Planners, and Inventory Control Specialists. Some of the key responsibilities of the team are material master data creation and maintenance, crafting master specs, shipping drug substance, cost analysis, cost reduction, trouble-shooting supply issues, and new material introduction.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for Clinical development production planning at the Gaithersburg facility, including but not limited to creation and maintenance of bills of material and master recipes, creation and maintenance of material masters, and raw material and production planning using MRP.
- Effectively uses supply planning processes and system tools to create a valid supply plan which satisfies the demand plan. Continually manages the material requirements plan to create and maintain valid material schedules in support of the master schedule.
- Works cross functionally to resolve raw material issues.
- Supports change initiatives by gathering relevant information that can be used to identify opportunities for improving the effectiveness of supply chains, and helping to implement changes.
- Works proactively to optimize supply chain operations through creative solutions, acting alone and/or on teams.
- Authors Change Controls, Non-conformances, SOPs, and master specifications.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- BA/BS (preferably a degree in Supply Chain Management, Materials Management, Operations Management, Industrial engineering, Biology, Biotechnology, or other Scientific discipline)
- At least 7 years direct Supply Chain Planning experience or 5 years of experience in Supply Chain Planning specifically for Clinical trial materials, Biotechnology, or Pharmaceuticals
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of supply chain management techniques and material requirement planning
- Able to work independently without appreciable direction
- Identifies and effectively communicates complex problems and solutions
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships and build effective teams
- Comfortable with ambiguity and changing priorities
- Data analysis
- cGMP experience
- Supervisory experience
- Experience with lean- six sigma and other operational excellence methodologies
- APICS certification
- MBA preferred
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognising their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organisation to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
So, what’s next!
Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available and we hope it’s yours.
Where can I find out more?
Check out our landing page for more information on our BPD group https://careers.astrazeneca.com/bpd
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.