Senior Clinical Pharmacometrician
Senior Clinical Pharmacometrician
At AstraZeneca, we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe!
We pride ourselves on making sure that each decision we make puts patient needs first! This mentality means that our people have permission to take the more unusual path. If they can think of a better, smarter way in which we can change lives through science, at we want to hear it.
You will work closely with physicians, clinical pharmacology scientists and statisticians, you’ll be responsible for population PK, PKPD, exposure-response, disease modelling and simulation (M&S) efforts to support the design and interpretation of clinical studies, influence key decisions in the early and late clinical development and support regulatory submissions of our oncology medicines.
Your work includes integration and analysis of pharmacokinetic, biomarker and clinical endpoint data within and across studies, compounds and development stages. Input into trial designs using simulations and efficient modeling statistics is an important focus area for us. In collaboration with clinical pharmaology scientists, you’ll represent CPQP on projects and contribute to the clinical pharmacology and pharmacometric strategy. You will communicate your findings to other scientists within AstraZeneca with the opportunity and expectation to present externally and publish in peer reviewed journals.
- PhD degree in pharmacokinetics, biostatistics, biomedical engineering or biophysics with 3-6 years relevant industry experience required
- Training and experience with population PK and statistical software (e.g. NonMem, R, Stan, Winbugs, SAS, Monolix , Phoenix, WinNonlin)
- Demonstrated expertise in pharmacometrics, including PK, PKPD and/or statistics
- Strong quantitative skills (e.g. experience in population modelling, statistics, systems and translational pharmacology modelling).
- Expert knowledge of pharmacokinetics and Model-Informed Drug Development
- Demonstrated broad translational and clinical development expertise and experience exemplified by drug development experience, with emphasis on Clinical Pharmacometrics
- Demonstrated ability to identify, develop and execute Pharmacometrics activities at a project level
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of global regulatory, compliance, processes, standards and issues specific to clinical pharmacology
- You’ll need real passion for your subject, along with a high level of integrity, plus demonstrated ability to work in multi-disciplinary global teams.
- Desirable requirements
- You will ideally have:
- Scientific expertise demonstrated by scientific publishing in the field of clinical pharmacometrics
- Early or late phase clinical development experience/awareness, especially in ADC and cell/gene therapy
- Knowledge in pharmacology, drug targets and oncology
This position is in Gaithersburg, MD
The AstraZeneca Gaithersburg campus employs more than 3,500 specialists in our field and is only a short drive from Washington, DC. This green, sustainable, modern, vibrant scientific campus is where we host some of the most cutting-edge technology and lab spaces. Newly designed, state of the art research spaces and open seating floor plans are just a couple of ways we work cross functionally and collaboratively.
The Gaithersburg campus also provides an award winning café, free garage parking with electric car charging stations, bike racks, free fitness center to include classed and personal training game rooms, outdoor patio, bocce ball court, arcade games and game tables, recharge Pod’s, library, walking trails, onsite dry cleaning pickup, haircutting service, health and wellness center, Starbucks café, and much more!
AstraZeneca is a leading company in the healthcare industry, with a mission to enrich the lives of others. It’s our business to support healthy living, not only for our patients, but also for our employees. Our benefits program is flexible enough to meet employees’ varying needs, offers valuable choices, and is highly competitive.
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Apply today!
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential.
Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together.
Interested? Come and join our journey.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.