Scientist/ Senior Scientist for Clinical Research – Late R&I
Are you an experienced Scientist ready to apply your skills in a diverse and dynamic company? Do you want a breadth of opportunities to be curious and do groundbreaking, outstanding work that has big impact on science and medicine? If you can envision providing scientific expertise in a role that can impact patients’ lives – join us today!
At AstraZeneca, we believe in the potential of our people and you’ll develop beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to see what you can achieve no matter where you start with us.
At LateRespiratory & Immunology (Late R&I), we’re driven by innovation and our dedication to make a real-life difference in patients’ lives. That difference starts with you.
What you’ll do
As Senior Scientist within Late R&I Clinical Development, you will provide scientific and clinical input to late stage product development. This includes design, delivery, monitoring, and interpretation of pivotal clinical trials and mechanistic studies.
Your role will be focused on late stage clinical trials within R&I, where you will collaborate with the study team physician with all aspects of scientific input, clinical data quality metrics and safety evaluation. You will also support and contribute to medical monitoring of trials as well as lead the development of metrics and data review plans for assigned studies.
Collaboration with colleagues within and beyond Late R&I will be crucial for you to be successful in your role and you will work closely together with colleagues from Patient Safety, Regulatory Affairs, Clinical Operations, Biometrics, and Early Development Groups.
We will rely on you to:
- Provide expert scientific input into the preparation of regulatory documents and interactions with regulatory authorities
- Provide authoritative scientific analysis and interpretation of data from ongoing studies and from literature
- Lead and participate in activities that ensure quality, consistency and integration of clinical study results and ensure safety evaluation process within the clinical team
- Provide scientific evidence to support strategic decision making for R&D, marketing, clinical, and business development departments
Essential for the role
You have a medical or scientific background and hold MSc, MD, PhD or PharmD or equivalent. This is complemented by considerable proven experience in Respiratory or Immunology disease clinical trials from pharmaceutical industry and/or academia.
Additionally, you possess:
- Good transferable project experience across phases late stage drug development
- Strong analytical skills and experience in managing and interpreting clinical trials results
- Experience of authoring scientific documents, including contributing to or writing protocols and key study and process documents
- High level of technical and disease area knowledge, enabling you to confidently interact with internal and external partners
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including presenting scientific results to multidisciplinary teams and key partners
Desirable for the role
- Experience of leading and managing cross functional collaboration activities and a passion for customers
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognising their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organisation to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering groundbreaking methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey!
So, what’s next!
If you are ready to make a difference - apply today, and we'll make it happen together!
We welcome your application no later than August 30th, 2020
Where can I find out more?
- Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
- Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
- Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.