Scientist, Oncology In Vivo
Scientist, Oncology In Vivo
AstraZeneca is dedicated to discovering, developing, and delivering innovative, meaningful medicines and other healthcare solutions that help enrich the life of patients, as well as their families and communities. At AstraZeneca Oncology, our vision is redefining cancer, redefining our solutions to cancer and restoring patients' lives.
The In Vivo Oncology bioscience group at AstraZeneca is looking for cancer biologists with in vivo experience to join our highly successful and exciting cell death program with two molecules in clinical development.
- Design, execute and deliver in vivo studies for oncology portfolio - Deliver comprehensive in vivo pharmacology studies for drug candidates in early clinical development, including PK/PD, efficacy studies, dose and schedule optimization, and in vivo combination studies.
- Evaluation of pathway biomarkers and endpoints from in vivo studies.
- Analyze, interpret and present scientific data internally to project teams and broader the scientific community.
- Bring in new technologies and approaches to improve or replace existing disease model platforms that better predict clinical response.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across multiple disciplines to develop and implement aggressive work plans and timelines.
- BS or MS in biological sciences, with 3+ years relevant experience in industry or academia.
- Hands on expertise in in vivo pharmacology in oncology including subcutaneous, orthotopic and PDX models as well as various routes of administration including oral gavage, intraperitoneal and intravenous
- Experience conducting in vivo studies in rodent tumor models, including tolerability studies, PK/PD studies, and efficacy studies
- Experience across multiple biomarker PD platform such as flow cytometry, qPCR, ELISA, Mesoscale and Luminex to develop and analyze PD biomarker endpoints in tumors and tissue would be a plus
- Ability to problem solve with innovative solutions.
- Highly motivated scientist capable of working independently as well as part of collaborative teams to deliver common goals.
- Attention to detail, excellent organizational, communication and presentation skills
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
Next Steps – Apply today!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.