AstraZeneca is dedicated to discovering, developing, and delivering innovative, meaningful medicines and other healthcare solutions that help enrich the life of patients, as well as their families and communities. At AstraZeneca Oncology, our vision is redefining cancer, redefining our solutions to cancer and restoring patients' lives. We are seeking a motivated lab-based Scientist who will become a key member of a dynamic and collaborative in vitro biology team. The primary responsibility of this position is to develop and run cell-based and ex vivo assays to evaluate combination therapies, explore drug mechanism of action and to further understand cancer biology. These efforts will ultimately lead to the identification and understanding of anticancer drug combinations to progress promising projects towards clinical development.
- Develop and perform cell-based phenotypic assays (ex. survival, cell cycle, apoptosis)
- Perform mechanism of action assays involving western blotting, ELISA, qPCR etc.
- Analysis, interpretation and presentation of data
- Maintenance of clear records of experimental work
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Cell Biology or equivalent
- Experience with cancer biology and related and in vitro assays
- Demonstrated proficiency in data processing and data management
- Excellent problem solving skills
- A positive, collaborative attitude with an ability to work in a matrixed team-oriented environment
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.