Scientist, ADC Portfolio Team (Lab based)
We are seeking a highly motivated and independent Scientist with experience in preclinical cancer research and a track record of scientific excellence in modern cell and molecular based methodologies, to join our antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs) team in Gaithersburg, MD USA. As a Scientist you will be a key member of a team focused on delivering all aspects of pharmacology support. You will bring your theoretical and practical expertise to establish assay systems and deliver datasets that will have direct impact on the drug discovery process and pipeline.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Working in this laboratory-based position within the Early Oncology Discovery group you will develop, design, conduct, troubleshoot, and analyze in vitro experiments to assess the function of our ADCs and dissect the mechanism of action of these novel cancer therapeutics. You will be expected to support cross-functional teams and work collaboratively with project leaders to ensure the timely generation and dissemination of critical program data. As a highly organized, self-motivated individual with a strong background in laboratory science you will stay up to date with relevant technical and intellectual scientific expertise in tumor biology and cancer modelling and have a genuine passion for this field of research.
- Bachelor's Degree with 5+ years of experience OR a Master's Degree, in a relevant discipline. For Associate Scientist, 3 years experience required.
- Knowledge of cell biology, molecular biology, and/or biochemistry in the context of cancer biology, with a strong desire of continued learning
- Experience with routine cell culture, particularly culture of tumor cells
- Experience with molecular- and cell-based methodologies such as multicolor flow cytometry, fluorescent and live cell microscopy, cytotoxicity assays, ELISA, qPCR, western blotting, and co-immunoprecipitation
- Works independently with minimal supervision to conduct experiments
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills and evidence of delivery in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ensures own work, and work of peers, is compliant with Good Laboratory Practice, Safety, Health, and Environment standards and all other relevant internal AstraZeneca standards and external regulations
- Prior experience in the biopharmaceutical industry preferable but not required
- A proven track record of productivity; contributions to scientific publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Experience in high-content imaging, cell cycle analysis, and/or DNA Damage Repair, would be considered favorably
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.