Safety, Health & Environment (SHE) Specialist
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases.
To support our growing business in Poland and our commitment to making AstraZeneca a Great Place to Work we are currently looking for Safety, Health & Environment (SHE) Specialist to join our team. In the role, you will provide support across all business units, both office based and in the field. Our team is located in our Warsaw head office, reporting directly into the Employee Relations Lead, the position holder will work closely with HR Team, to establish a culture of SHE and maintain compliance in line with statutory requirements.
Your daily responsibilities:
- Initiation and development of various forms of popularization of health, safety and wellbeing activities (including trainings & mentoring sessions)
- Daily cooperation with other functions and business partners to promote occupational health & safety (OHS) behaviours
- Conduct OHS trainings for employees and participate in the development of occupational risk assessments
- Carry out health and safety audits, and informing on identified threats
- Prepare and maintenance of health and safety documentation
- Report safety incidents & participation in the work of teams investigating accidents at work and maintain awareness of SHE risks
- Support Country Management Team and HR in delivering the requirements in line with the Global AstraZeneca Standards and local legislation
- Build and implement of procedures and processes that reflect AstraZeneca’s proactive approach to SHE
- Supervise the observance of OHS legislation in the workplace
- Organizational and administration support for Country Employee Relations Lead
Required experience and skills you should demonstrate:
- Higher directional health and safety education and two years’ experience in safety, health and environment related fields is a MUST.
- Excellent English communication skills (including presentation and negotiations)
- Practical knowledge of applicable laws
- Demonstrated ability to set and lead priorities, resources, performance targets and project initiatives in a global environment.
- Dutifulness, creativity, being a great teammate
- Proven experience in resilience trainings will be strong advantage.
How we can reward you?
- Annual bonus
- Lunch card
- Individual Development Plan – you decide how you will grow
- Extra holiday days, flexible working hours
- Private medical care and life insurance
- PPE program (pension plan)
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.