Regional Field Scientific Medical Director, Oncology - SOUTHEAST
Astra Zeneca is the place to build a world-class career. Here we are always looking to learn more, welcoming the varied opportunities to expand our horizons or develop niche expertise. Embrace the unparalleled access to industry-leading research, technology, and pipeline product launches with a footprint in every region. Coupled with our agility and sharp focus on talent development, there is an exciting opportunity to accelerate a rewarding and meaningful career.
The Oncology Scientific Partnership Director – US, SOUTHEAST REGION is a member of the US Medical Affairs team. In this role, you will develop and execute account-specific plans for key sites and networks within your geographic region. Focusing on scientific, clinical, and evidence generation.
The role will report directly to the National Director of Field Medical, Oncology. This is a field-based role the successful candidate will maintain a remote office within their assigned geographical region.
Utilizing your extensive expertise in oncology and account management you will define and implement a comprehensive medical strategy at identified priority US accounts and networks. Successfully merging the unique capabilities of those high visibility customer targets and the AZ US Oncology Medical Affairs objectives.
This role is part of a collaborative matrix team (The Account Team) that partners closely with several customer-facing roles such as Precision Medicine, Medical Science Liaisons, Market Access, HEOR, Regional Marketing, Development, National Oncology Account Director (NOAD), and others. The Account Team will work within the framework of the principles of the One Key Account Management objectives (OneKAM).
An additional area of responsibility for this role is to partner with the NOAD and serve as a Medical partner in identified accounts and networks to champion “above brand” opportunities primarily through interactions with Cancer Center Leaders (“C” and “D” suite) and will work in partnership with MSL’s and USMA HQ staff on Brand or tumor-specific opportunities, using the MSL scientific and KEE knowledge along with Core Medical and Core Value Teams where needed to gain alignment and approval for found opportunities.
- Develop a Medical Affairs strategy and align this strategy with US-based Cancer Centers
- Monitor implementation of these plans and serve as communication lead and other functions
- Align HEOR, MSLs’, Payer Teams, within Medical Affairs with other AZ partners (NOAD, R&D, and Precision Medicine)
- Develop a clear Medical Account strategy plan including an enterprise, “Above Brand” view which reflects the USMA, R&D, and Oncology franchise objectives.
- Medical Partner to NOAD for Priority Accounts
- Medical contact for C-Suite and D-Suite
- Work closely with Global Medical Affairs, R&D, Discovery, and External Alliance Team to further similar and joint processes for unified portfolio branding
- Doctorate in Science, Medicine, Pharmacy, Pharmacology, or equivalent required (MD, PharmD or Ph.D.)
- Strong experience in Oncology (Basic, Translational, Early Dev Research)
- Documented experience in interpersonal and project management skills
- Strategic influencing and matrix leadership skills
- 5 year of more managing programs in a team environment in a healthcare setting
- Proven understanding of public-private partnerships with US Cooperative groups
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment
- Relevant previous examples of successful contract negotiation
- Intellectual property knowledge
- Existing peer-level KEE relationships
- Previous leadership experience in a strategy-setting role in the pharmaceutical industry
- Global experience within the pharmaceutical industry of 3+ years
- Working knowledge of US regulatory and compliance requirements
- Account Management experience
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting-edge methods, and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.