Regional EUCAN Medical Director - Immunology
Regional EUCAN Medical Director – Immunology
Do you have expertise in, and passion for, Medical Affairs? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the global strategy and deliverables for the benefit of the EUCAN region in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
Our BioPharmaceuticals pipeline is growing. And it takes something special to get that out to patients, responding to their evolving needs, as well as those of healthcare professionals and partners. A challenger who is rethinking the way things can be done and acting on it.
Taking a forward-looking approach we look at the world through a different lens. We go above and beyond to find solutions that impact patients – harnessing science with technology and connecting the entire healthcare ecosystem.
What you’ll do
You will be the EUCAN voice for Immunology to influence global strategy and deliverables for the benefit of EUCAN and act as the product lead for EU Leadership Team / regional team. Thus defining the EUCAN product priorities and MC expectations, support execution with top 8–10 countries, and defining and executing above-country activity plan to deliver on priorities.
You will also ensure timely communication to all EUCAN countries on global and regional strategies and deliverables for product launch, and lead the respective Medical communities to ensure strong network for best practice-sharing and collaborative issue resolution.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Define core KPIs and regularly monitor performance in top 8-10 markets
- Ensure MC product launch readiness in top 8-10 markets
- Foster ongoing EU talent development within Immunology team
- Accountable for influencing Global Immunology product strategy/tactics through TACU/GMT, ensuring needs of prioritised countries are met, and ensuring GMT input from designated individuals appropriately represents EUCAN needs
European TA networking and communication
- Develop Immunology product specific network of people across EUCAN
- Lead internal EU Medical communication for Immunology product (from global or from within region) to key stakeholders (e.g. timely communication of new data, country decisions and/or implications) across entire EUCAN
Medical Planning & Execution
- Ensure execution of EU pre-launch and pre-LCM readiness (accountable for core medical KPIs) in prioritized markets
- Regular visits/engagement with priority markets to ensure solid understanding of medical challenges/opportunities, team dynamics etc.
- Ensure prioritized countries have appropriate (& globally aligned) local medical plans in place that are being executed effectively
- Ensure appropriate regional medical plan in place (that leverages cross country synergies) and is executed effectively (execution of Advisory Boards, Scientific Exchange Meetings and Speaker Training initiatives for Europe) meeting the needs of prioritised markets
- Actively partner with SM&M Regional counterpart to ensure appropriate selection of countries/sites during study feasibility
- Review above-country ESR proposals, considering opportunities for ESR cross market synergies
Essential for the role
- Demonstrate deep scientific expertise of Immunology product and the growing franchise
- Experience in launching a product at affiliate level
- Deep understanding of the healthcare landscape, key competitors and marketplace factors and dynamics
- Extensive experience in a Medical Affairs function within the pharmaceutical industry
- Ability to lead cross-functional working groups and teams
- Excellent influencing and stakeholder management capabilities
- Experience in working in an international matrix environment, both in in-market and in above-market roles
- Profound knowledge of different types of medical evidence and experience in applying it to the portfolio
- Strong understanding of, and experience with market access and regulatory processes
Desirable for the role
- Qualified Doctor specifically in Immunology field
- Strong Leadership experience gained through previous line management
- Enterprise mindset gained through local and global experience
- Experience in working in a joint venture environment
- Experience working in a global role
- Launch experience in first to market product category
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
So, what’s next?
Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available and we hope it’s yours.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.