Regional AskIT & Onsite Services Lead
At AstraZeneca, patients are at the heart of everything we do.
A global company that pushes the boundaries of science, we all share a big purpose: to discover and develop life-changing medicines that save lives. As part of technology you will support and enable the business to fulfill this mission.
The technology function’s role is to keep the business productive. There has never been a better time to join IT at AstraZeneca – where we bring together technology and service, driving efficiencies, security and simplicity to make a real difference. A unique combination of reliability, and proactivity and collaboration. Always maintaining our global standards, whilst seeking opportunities for improvement across all our infrastructure.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Regional Genius Bar & Deskside Managerto join our End User Services function out of our Gaithersburg site!
The End User Services function provides IT Services for the entire AZ organisation. The function is truly global in scale with team members across Asia, Europe and the Americas.
You will be joining the Customer Effectiveness team who are responsible for ensuring the ‘effective delivery’ of EUS services to our global customers, including the Global AskIT on Onsite service lines. You will also work closely with the Service Excellence team who are responsible for many aspects of IT service including the Global deskside support service.
Role focus & Challenges
As the Regional Genius Bar & Deskside Manager you will lead the day-to-day management of regional Onsite and AskIT services, both through third parties, direct line management of influencing of onsite services ran within other IT teams (Campus, Commercial, etc) In addition, the management of the IT equipment processes, governance, improvements and measures for Joiners, Movers and Leavers, white glove support and other key processes that contribute to the overall customer experience of our IT services.
Though to be defined, you will have direct line management of between 2-3 Team Leaders, run a regional team of between 5-10 Onsite and AskIT agents. You will ensure they are continuously supported with training and standard methodology to maintain a high standard of service.
AZ has 70,000 people in the organisation, and it is critical that we effectively lead changes in our organisation to ensure a good experience and our assets are effectively handled. This AskIT role plays a key role in this, working with the Hardware Service Manager, Campus IT, Global On-Site Manager, On-site Staff and Applications IT and HR to ensure starters & leavers and movers are effectively handled.
It is critical that the individuals on the AskIT area deliver a great customer experience through engagement with the customer and knowledge to provide the right information and resolve issues. It is also key that the areas entice the customer and it is the place to go for IT service. This role is key to ensure an excellent customer contact experience through AskIT. Key activities include:
- Being the point of contact for AskIT locally and regionally, referring any new demand to the AskIT Global Lead and local Campus Lead, engaging the EUS and Campus teams accordingly for other queries.
- Responsible for the delivery of contracted IT services with external suppliers, within the following scope/sites:
- AZ AskIT in Gaithersburg & Fredrick
- Onsite back office in Gaithersburg, Fredrick service operationally delivery by 3rd party
- Managed E2E Lattam service operationally delivery by 3rd party
- Manage the required global and local governance model ensuring maintenance of AskIT to required standards, including documentation and training materials.
- Work closely with Campus IT team and others to ensure smooth running of the Onsite & AskIT BAU service, ensuring critical issues and changes are dealt with, monitoring is in place and reported and observations are managed appropriately.
- Ensure adherence to the Roles and Responsibilities and appropriate SOP’s for all parties involved in running the Onsite & AskIT Service though Campus IT, Service Excellence and Customer Effectiveness.
- Drive creation of knowledge articles for self-service portal where sensible for future customer reference.
What we are looking for?
- You will have strong experience of working in a customer orientated environment, participating in the implementation and operation of customer service processes and self-help.
- Proven experience managing and leading people
- Knowledge and experience of service management principles such as ITIL.
- You will have excellent team working skills with a consistent record of working collaboratively to ensure robust delivery to projects.
- Experience in service performance improvements ensuring internal teams and suppliers perform against SLAs, use analysis to measure and benchmark for future SLAs
- You will be a self-starter with high levels of drive, energy and resilience with ability to take the initiative. We would like you to have strong communication, influencing and relationship building skills.
- Ability to succeed in a fast paced and dynamic environment involving changes to priorities and schedules.
AstraZeneca is a place to innovate, take ownership and run with it – with countless opportunities to learn and grow your career. You get to craft your path, but there’s support all the way...
High School Diploma
EUS provides a collaborative environment where everyone feels comfortable and able to be themselves which is at the core of AstraZeneca’s priorities
If this sounds of interest... we would love to hear from you!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.