Rare Diseases National Sales Manager
At AstraZeneca, we are united by a common purpose: to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines. Every day, we make a difference by delivering potentially life-changing medicines to millions of people worldwide. Our purpose is results-oriented and so is our approach. Becoming a more agile and creative company means building a dynamic, inspiring culture where we celebrate diverse, bold thinking, are curious, creative, and open to new insights and ways of working.
AstraZeneca is accelerating the expansion of our geographical footprint in rare diseases following the acquisition of Alexion in 2021. Rare diseases is a high-growth therapy area with rapid innovation and significant unmet medical need. Over 7,000 rare diseases are known today – yet less than 1% of them have an approved treatment.
As we begin to build our position as a Rare Disease leader, we seek a Rare Diseases National Sales Manager to join our Commercial Team in Poland. The National Sales Manager is a full-time position, responsible for developing and implementing rare disease brand strategies.
What you will do?
The National Sales Manager will work very closely with the Marketing Managers and Business Unit Director to deploy and adapt the AZ brand strategy to the local market, including tactics and execution.
The National Sales Manager leads, coaches and develops the team of Key Account Managers, in order to achieve a market leading position by delivering budgeted or above growth, sales, contribution and market share through proactive identification of business opportunities, communicating value propositions aligned to partner needs and objectives and recommending solutions to drive and develop Rare Disease portfolio.
- Develops sales plans for the Rare Disease portfolio by identifying key opportunities and the specific actions to realize them in accordance with the strategy and tactics defined in the brand plan. Analyses and monitor data behind competitive actions to determine the opportunities and risks for Rare Disease portfolio, as well as to make appropriate recommendations to maximize opportunities and mitigate potential risks.
- Manages effectively team and budget / cost focused on priorities to deliver on business plan. Plans, monitors and reports team activities accurately, in line with AZ standards
- Coaches and trains team to continuously enhance capabilities in order to meet the expected performance and ethical standards. Implements performance management process and facilitates the individual development plans
- Identifies and establishes a close relationship with KEEs to achieve performance goals and a competitive advantage
- Works cross-functionally to ensure effective implementation of brand plans and timely feedback on market dynamics.
- Demonstrate business ethics and ensure active respect of values, business ethics, local laws, policies and Marketing procedures. Ensure all activities and responsibilities are carried out in compliance with the high standards of ethics and integrity required by the Code of Conduct, supporting Policies and Standards and Company Values to protect and enhance long term performance and reputation
- The Sales Manager leads, coaches and develops the team of Key Account Managers, in order to achieve a market leading position by delivering budgeted or above growth, sales, contribution and market share through proactive identification of business opportunities, communicating value propositions aligned to partner needs and objectives and recommending solutions to drive and develop Rare Disease portfolio.
- Other duties within position’s scope, as assigned by Line Manager
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Proven pharmaceutical commercial experience
- Patient centric approach with detailed knowledge of patient flow / journey;
- Proven leadership skills
- Ability to challenge, influence, contract and drive change
- Building efficient relations with various internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial spirit and orientation towards solutions; challenging the status quo in the right way;
- Excellent communication skills and influencing skills
- Experience in Rare disease area would be an asset
Join AstraZeneca and help us deliver life-changing medicines. Be among our employees who continue to make us an innovation-driven company that stands firmly among the world’s leaders in biopharmaceuticals. APPLY!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.