Publication Coordinator (fix-term)
AstraZeneca is a major international healthcare business engaged in the research, development, manufacture and marketing of prescription pharmaceuticals and the supply of healthcare services. AstraZeneca is proud to offer a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Co-workers are empowered to express diverse perspectives and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
The Publications Coordinator works closely with scientists and authors within BioPharmaceuticals R&D division of AstraZeneca to ensure that their publications are reviewed in a timely fashion prior to public disclosure and captured in our publications database.
This is operational role that requires a high level of attention to detail to ensure compliance with our Standard Operating Procedures as well as data quality for business reporting. This role would suit a process driven person who enjoys system based work with a customer service element.
The team is located across Cambridge, Gothenburg and Warsaw and we are now looking for a new Publications Coordinator to be based in our Warsaw location.
- Responsible for managing the internal Publication Sign-Off process via the publication system in compliance with AstraZeneca Publication Policy and to required timelines.
- Serve as the first-line contact for queries regarding the Publication Sign-Off process and publication system.
- Create and maintain accurate data records in the publication database in a timely manner.
- Triages centralized publication mailbox for assignment of publication requests.
- Promotes compliance with established AZ publication policy, standards and processes. Generating reports to identify publications in violation of internal policies.
- Contribute to ongoing improvements for the Publication Sign-Off process and systems.
- Generates standard and customized publication-related reports from the publication system for aligned functional areas.
Minimum Requirements – knowledge, experience, qualifications
- Requires 2+ years of experience working autonomously in a demanding office environment.
- Proficiency working with database systems and with cross-functional teams strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) an advantage.
- Experience working in the Pharmaceutical industry an advantage.
- Familiarity with the scientific publication process, and principles of Good Publication Practices/ICMJE guidelines an advantage.
Skills and Capabilities
- Proven/strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills in English.
- Ability to work collaboratively, to manage/prioritize multiple projects from conception to completion, working in a fast-paced environment; demonstrated flexibility/willingness to adapt to changing deadlines and priorities.
- Ability to make effective decisions in the absence of complete information and when under pressure.
- High degree of skill in analyzing and processing information, time management, organization, data entry, and maintaining confidentiality; attention to detail and follow-up essential.
- Strong customer focus both internal and external.
- Process driven.
- Knowledge of reference database and publication tracking an advantage.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.