We are looking for a key person to join the multi-skilled Inhalation Product Development department in Gothenburg. Take this opportunity to become a Project Manager with an overall responsibility for planning and monitoring our development projects!
Inhalation Product Development in Gothenburg at AstraZeneca designs and delivers the combined drug-device product (including formulation, device and packaging) to support new medicines. We are part of AstraZeneca Operations, a truly world-class business unit which offers one of the most exciting, fast-paced, challenging and rewarding work environments in the world of operations, supply chain and manufacturing. We are now looking for a Project Manager to strengthen our team at the Gothenburg site!
As Project Manager, you will collaborate across sites and functions to support multiple projects within our inhalation portfolio from early-phase development through to commercialization. Your excellent organization and communication skills will be key for successfully supporting projects with their detailed planning as well as taking an overall responsibility for planning and monitoring of the portfolio across projects. Your accountability will primarily be projects led from the Gothenburg site, but you will also be part of a global network of Project Managers who support the development of inhalation products.
• Manage the overall resource planning across different projects and support both Product Development Leads and line management with efficient and flexible resource management
• Accountable for supporting IPD GOT development projects in developing and maintaining plans including control of the scope, timing, resources, quality and risk
• Support the use of project management and lean tools into daily operation
• Managing CMC, nonclinical and regulatory team activities
• Local leader of the CAPEX process and member of the global team
• Work with team members to resolve project issues, mitigate risks, and make project decisions
• Work closely with the Project Management Office and Global Project Managers to ensure resource forecasts and achievement dates are accurately managed and followed up
• Degree in science, engineering, project management or equivalent
• Good understanding of pharmaceutical development including understanding of regulatory requirements
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the pharmaceutical or similar industry
• Documented experience in project management and planning
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
• Extended experience in project management and planning including resource management and proven experience of effectively managing teams to meet deadlines
• Experienced in using project management tools such as MS Teams, MS Project, PowerPoint, Excel and Visio
• Preferable experience from improvement projects and Lean ways of working
The seniority of the role can depend and be adjusted depending on your previous experience.
About AstraZeneca Gothenburg Site
Our stunning campus in Gothenburg is one of AstraZeneca’s three strategic science centers. The site is home to over 2,500 employees, from 50 different nationalities. Gothenburg includes the complete range of functions, and as such offers plenty of development opportunities for a wide range of professionals. Our science teams in Gothenburg collaborate with academic and industry partners in Sweden and globally. And the site itself has been designed with collaboration in mind. From the Coffee Lab to exercise areas, we’ve built a series of environments where innovation can happen.
If this sounds like the next challenge for you – apply today!
We look forward to your application no later than August 16, 2020.
If you have any questions about this role, please contact Gunnar Haeffler, Associate Director Inhalation Product Development /Team Leader Process Engineering: gunnar.haeffler(@)astrazeneca.com
Where can I find out more?
Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.