Postdoctoral Fellow - Cancer Biologist
Position Title - Postdoctoral Fellow - Cancer Biologist
Location - Gaithersburg, MD - greater Washington DC area
The Department of Oncology Research at AstraZeneca is seeking a highly motivated cancer biologist for a postdoctoral fellowship, developing and leading a collaborative research project using both proteomics and metabolomics to elucidate cancer vulnerabilities. The position offers a unique opportunity for a talented scientist to work in collaboration with oncology and the expanding proteomics and metabolomics excellence center using state-of-the-art proteomics and metabolomics technologies. This position is a hands-on, laboratory-based position, whereby the successful applicant is expected to present findings to field-related internal and external audiences.
- Ph.D. in Cancer Biology, Molecular Biology, Immunology or related field with 0-3 years of postdoctoral experience
- Desire to apply proteomic and metabolomic approaches to elucidate oncogenic processes of either cancer cells or infiltrating immune cells.
- Experience in cancer research with a proven ability to publish in peer-reviewed journals.
- Tissue culture experience of cancer cell lines is required, with experience of culturing primary cells preferred.
- Strong molecular biology skills including protein extraction, western blotting, DNA/RNA extraction and analysis.
- Proven ability to collaborate in matrixed environment.
- The candidate will be expected to make detailed observations, analyze data, and interpret results independently.
- The position will require preparation of precise technical summaries, protocols, quantitative analyses, and maintenance of appropriate documentation.
- This position requires excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with in vivo cancer models.
- Experience with mass spec, proteomic/metabolic methods, including both sample prep and analysis is desirable.
Next Steps - Apply Now!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity.If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.