Senior Consultant - SAS Grid Platform Engineer
JOB TITLE: PLATFORM ENGINEER
CAREER LEVEL: D1
Leverage technology to impact patients and ultimately save lives
Do you have expertise in, and passion for, information technology? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the IT strategy in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? If so, AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that
focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work.
ABOUT OUR IT TEAM
It’s a dynamic and results-oriented environment to work in – but that’s why we like it. There are countless opportunities to learn and grow, whether that’s exploring new technologies in hackathons, or redefining the roles and work of colleagues, forever. Shape your own path, with support all the way. Diverse minds that work cross- functionally and broadly together.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Participate in business requirement gathering and design activities with business & IT partners as part of scrum team
- Perform delivery activities through Design/Build/Test/Deploy phases for regular releases on A&R platform
- Deploy patches and any version upgrades on EntimICE and SAS Grid platforms
- Ensure that all system security and control procedures are implemented and maintained
- Responsible to maintain the configuration specification documentation both for functional and integration configuration.
- Generate and implement ideas to simplify/streamline our integration landscape in alignment with integration design and patterns.
- Solve issues, monitor key metrics and maintain overall health of the platform
- Serve as an SME on the A&R platform for IT and business partners across regions and business areas.
- Work with the Globalscape/Snaplogic team to edit/update/maintain integration interfaces.
- Work with software vendors on product requirements and issues related to the platform, security set-up and functional configuration.
- Drive small modules in support transitions and ensure application stability when taking over BAU support of new applications.
- Utilize JIRA for requirements gathering, validation/testing and go-live activities during releases.
- Responsible to solve day-to-day incidents, service requests and work towards incident-reduction and automation. Also, update Service Now (ticket management tool) for all events with respect to the incidents, service requests, changes and problems.
- Experience administering SAS platform in a multi-node GRID environment with Linux OS Hands-on experience as a SAS administrator of the 9x suite in a Linux environment
- Ensures the overall health and wellness of the SAS GRID platforms Designs, implements, and maintains platform security via SAS Metadata, Red Hat Enterprise Linux and LSF
- Experience with Security and Authentication and SSO topics (related to the access of source data, the access of data within SAS on the SAS servers across the different business organizations as well as SAS integration with tools such as Active Directory/LDAP/Kerberos
- Knowledge on file systems, storage devices and ACL’s.
- Demonstrable experience in engineering and software architecture design.
- Previous project management experience is advantageous.
- Sound knowledge of various operating systems and databases.
- Efficient communication skills.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Working with architects and building enterprise architecture roadmaps
- Experience designing, integrating and handling complex infrastructure solutions
- Knowledge of client-server networking and database management
- Ability to provide technical system solutions, resolve overall design direction and provide hardware recommendations for complex technical issues
- Experience planning and developing support processes and adhering to standard methodologies
- Knowledge of support processes like Incident Management, Problem Management, Organisational Change and experience working in support teams.
- Experience working with JIRA, Confluence, Git, automated testing tools such as JIRA (Zephyr), HP ALM, Selenium
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with people across the globe with diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Experience of working in agile teams using methodologies such as SCRUM, Kanban and SAFe.
- Demonstrate willingness and attitude to take on different roles within Platform team as when opportunity arises
ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Familiar with cloud technologies (AWS & Azure)
- Familiar with SAS Viya architecture
- Knowledge of CI/CD practices and utilization of Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes
- Knowledge of Programming with BASE SAS, R & Python
- Knowledge of Splunk, Snaplogic & reporting with Power BI
- Familiar with GxP systems
- Familiar with relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL) and non-SQL databases such as Mongo DB
- Passion for learning, innovating and delivering valuable software to people.
WHY JOIN US ?
We’re a network of ambitious self-starters who give to something far bigger. We enable AstraZeneca to perform at its peak by delivering extraordinary technology and data solutions.
We’re not afraid to take ownership and run with it. Empowered with unrivalled freedom. Put simply, it’s because we make a significant impact. Everything we do matters.
SO, WHAT’S NEXT?
Are you already envisioning yourself joining our team? Good, because we’d love to hear from you! Click the link to apply and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.