Personal Assistant to SVP/Late Respiratory and Immunology - 12 month FTC / Secondment
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality.
Do you have extensive experience supporting a senior leader, the ability to act as a gatekeeper, and also work as part of a team? This is an opportunity to take on a fast paced and varied role in Late Respiratory and Immunology as the Personal Assistant to the Senior Vice President. We are looking for someone with high standards, enthusiasm, sensitivity to confidential information, together with a proactive approach.
This role will report and support the SVP and is a full time position based in Cambridge, UK.
Main duties and responsibilities
Working globally across different time zones, your focus will be on providing pre-emptive PA support to the SVP and broader support to the department and leadership team. This includes representing the VP in communication and responses to different stakeholders, scheduling meetings, coordination of leadership team meetings and events, and maintaining documentation. You will work in partnership with the Business Planning and Operations team to ensure smooth operations of organizational activities and implementation of best practices.
- Email management for SVP - schedule appointments, flag priority actions and answer or redirect queries
- Responding on behalf of the SVP to a wide range of stakeholders, maintaining high professional standards whilst meeting conflicting needs
- Proactive management of SVP’s schedule including prioritising and safeguarding of time
- Will manage coordination of logistics for face-to-face, virtual leadership team meetings and townhalls working closely with the Business Planning and Operational Head and team.
- Provides specialist project administrative support to leadership team and department as required
- Development and maintenance of processes, promoting best practice and sharing expertise in key company systems
- Supporting in preparation of presentation materials and information for SVP
- You will work in partnership with the Late R&I PA team, ensuring organizational effectiveness through collaboration and training team in PA best practices.
- Proven experience as a PA to senior director/ VP
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A professional and proactive approach, with the ability to manage multiple requests simultaneously and effectively
- Demonstrate attention to detail, working to consistently deliver to a high standard
- Strong organisational, forward-planning and stakeholder management skills
- Solid relationship-building skills to develop networks both within the company and externally
- Good business awareness with sensitivity to highly confidential information
- Track record of handling and resolving challenges quickly and efficiently, with flexibility to adapt to changing situations
- Experience in a clinical environment
- Experience of working in a global organisation; with the ability to work across boundaries and different cultures
- Professional administrative qualification
- Project management experience
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.