Oncology Access Strategy Manager
Do you have expertise in, and passion for Market Access in Oncology? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the Oncology Access Strategy Manager role in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person.
AstraZeneca’s vision in Oncology is to help patients by redefining the cancer-treatment paradigm, with the aim of bringing six new cancer medicines to patients between 2013 and 2020. A broad pipeline of next-generation medicines is focused principally on four disease areas - breast, ovarian, lung and hematological cancers. As well as other tumor types, these are being targeted through five key platforms - immunotherapy, the genetic drivers of cancer and resistance, DNA damage repair, HER2 and antibody drug conjugates, underpinned by personalized healthcare and biomarker technologies.
As an Oncology Access Strategy Manager with AstraZeneca, you will have an exciting opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing Oncology business within a leading global pharmaceutical company located in Gaithersburg, MD. In this position, you will be responsible for supporting US market access strategy for one of AstraZeneca’s core Oncology brands. More specifically, you will be contributing to the overall development and implementation of access strategies and tactics. In this role, you will also collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver on the product value proposition for patients, providers, and payers in order to facilitate access and reimbursement.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and working cross-functionally, to design, execute and measure access strategy activities. This candidate will also work closely with the Marketing, Sales, Market Access, and Insight teams to ensure that activities are integrated across customers and support overall brand objectives.
- Works under the direction of the Access Strategy Director to develop and implement compelling and differentiated product value propositions across key market segments
- Assists in the creation and execution of launch access strategy to secure and maintain access, reimbursement and affordability
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams within AstraZeneca to identify rich market insights across patients, providers, and payers to inform comprehensive market access strategies, associated forecast assumptions, and aligned messaging across segments
- Leads the development of the promotional plan, programs, and tactics to pull-through market access strategy. e.g. training materials, selling resources/tools, field sales integration
- Supports account management teams in customer strategy, planning, and execution, .e.g. training and promotional tools/resources
- Ensures alignment of strategy with sales organization to generate product demand and pull through
- Effectively manages agency relationships ensuring promotional programs are delivered on-time and within budget
- Develops and manages associated budgets in compliance with AZ finance and accounting requirements
- Performs all company business in accordance with regulations and company policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Proven years of progressive experience within the pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical market including payer marketing, brand marketing, market research, account management, and/or field sales
- Strong understanding of the US market access landscape and the legal/regulatory environment for pharmaceuticals/biopharmaceuticals
- Ability to think strategically and to translate strategy into tactical implementation and to motivate people to execute on strategy
- Teamwork and leadership skills, including the ability to gain consensus and act within ambiguous, complex matrix organization
- Results oriented with excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Thorough understanding of customer and industry marketing practices and trends
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally (up to 20%)
- MBA preferred in relevant field
- Experience developing and executing strategy
- Experience in oncology and/or managed care/payer experience
- Experience in oncology buy-and-bill
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.