National Account Director, Dialysis Organizations
We need outstanding people who share our passion for science and have the drive and determination to meet the unmet needs of patients around the world. Are you an experienced National Accounts Leader looking to join a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? – join us.
Our aim is to protect the lives of 50 million people in the next year from the often-devastating consequences of heart failure, cardiovascular, metabolic and renal diseases. Shared risk factors of CVRM diseases are still often not diagnosed or addressed, and we are committed to help change clinical practice, to address unmet medical needs and create a seamless disease management pathway for patients worldwide.
The National Account Director will develop and manage relationships required to achieve AstraZeneca business objectives and improve our strategic position with national accounts. National Account Directors work within the following account segments/channels:
- Dialysis Organizations (DOs)
- Full Line Wholesalers
- Specialty Distributors
- Specialty Pharmacies (PBM / Payer owned, Non-Payer owned, IDN’s) within our contracted network
- Retail & Mail pharmacy chains (Retail, Grocery, Mass Merchants, Independents)
The National Account Director is accountable for achieving AstraZeneca’s sales and product access objectives within national account channels/segments. National Account Directors represent the entire portfolio of AstraZeneca’s primary care and specialty products.
What you’ll do:
- Build and maintain strategic plans for top accounts
- Provides ongoing support to dialysis customers through regular contact, maintaining relationships and implementing strategic programs for account penetration
- Proficient utilization of data, scorecards and analytics tools to monitor performance and drive contract and service performance of DO customers, wholesalers and distributors
- Supports sales activities and initiatives within regional dialysis groups, collaborating with dialysis sales consultants and sales support staff to not only maintain business, but increase account penetration and profitability
- Collaborate with external customers, AZ brand teams and other functions to development and implementation of programs, services and contracts
- Influence high-level decision-makers within the DO sector by developing and maintaining critical business relationships to ensure sales success as well as compliance with agreements
- Present, negotiate and execute performance contracts with DOs supporting the supply and access for AZ brands
- Present clinical information within company policy and product prescribing information supporting the utilization of AZ brands
- Analyze and monitor contract performance while providing support for dialysis organization
- Execute brand marketing programs and strategy
- Manage and expand product access, utilization, and/or sales of dialysis organizations to improve company objectives
- Accountability for business development opportunities with accounts that have national scope of business or that covers multiple regions and geographies
- Provide strategic input to key internal partners on national account segments
- Monitor and maintain a high level of awareness of pricing regulations and third-party reimbursement policies
- Implement contract terms, requirements and conditions agreed upon with DO customers
- Partner with internal cross functional partners (Market Access, Sales, Operations, brands) to appropriately achieve results and resolve DO account related issues
- Represent AZ at key conferences and vendor functions, which impact relationships with key customers
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced business or science degree desirable
- High levels of understanding of the entire DO account segment/channels
- Must have current good standing account relationships with DO
- Previous experience supporting dialysis organizations is required
- Proficiency with lap top computer; word-processing, Microsoft Excel and Power Point
- Sales, sales leadership, field reimbursement and regional account management experience
- Strong oral, written, and group communication skills with internal and external customers
- Ability to think conceptually, analytically, independently and strategically
- Overnight travel of 50% may be required
- Managed Care/Market Access experience is strongly desired
- Renal / Nephrology experience required
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial -finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
So, what’s next!
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.