MSL - Vaccine & Immunology - HCMC
MSL - Vaccine & Immunology - HCMC
The ideal candidate is a passionate, self-motivated, and detail-oriented team player who is committed to the success of our customers. Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
About AstraZeneca and AstraZeneca Vietnam
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led biopharmaceutical company with a British-Swedish heritage that focuses on the discovery, development, and commercialization of prescription medicines. At AstraZeneca, science and patients are at the heart of everything we do. Based in Cambridge, UK, AstraZeneca operates in over 100 countries and its innovative medicines are used by millions of patients worldwide.
Established in 1994, AstraZeneca Vietnam has come a long way in 27 years of advancing Vietnam's healthcare. We change lives through innovative science with $25mil in R&D investment (2020 - 2024); 40 ongoing clinical trials with 2800+ patients; 44 partnered hospitals and 14 medicines involved in trials. We have built strong public-private partnerships for sustainability and healthcare access through many programs and activities such as Healthy Lung, Young Health Program, Careme, Giá Như, Health System Sustainability & Resilience, Green Energy for Health, Response to Covid-19.
We have gained some recognition for our efforts from the Minister of Health's Certificates of Merits for outstanding contributions to advancing cancer treatment (2019) and exceptional contributions to Vietnam’s fight against COVID-19 (2020); BritCham 2021 Awards for Contributions to healthcare and 25+ years of service in Vietnam; Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union’s Medal and Certificate of Merit for contributions to youths (2021); Excellent Leadership – Visionary Leader Award (2021); HR Excellence – Workplace Culture Award (2021) and Vietnam's Top 100 Places to Work Award (2018 - 2020).
What you’ll do
Field-based position responsible for implementation of activities for establishment of scientific leadership of AstraZeneca.This includes development and enhancement of professional relationships with healthcare professionals, building deep scientific understanding of AstraZeneca compounds. Driving positive opinions for the scientific and clinical value of AZ compounds for patients’ needs. Deliver medical education and clinical support to medical professionals, training sales teams and involvement in development of brand strategy. The position may also be involved in approval review of product materials and response to medical queries.
External Medical & Scientific engagement
Build, enhance and maintain the engagement with scientific leaders (OLs)
- 60% of time in field engaging HCPs and external stakeholders across territory and brands
- Proactively identify HCPs with high levels of scientific expertise in local treatment practice to collaborate on specific medico marketing activities
- Development and implementation of OL engagement plan in collaboration with MSL manager/line manager and TA lead. Review with the MSL manager/line manager and MAM this plan every quarter, develop OL visit plan- this includes pre call visit/engagement plan with clear objective of the visit, key points discussion for the visit, data to be shared and discussed with the OL.
- Develop own scientific knowledge for discussion on all aspects of the data to be shared with OL in a scientific, objective and balanced way through 1:1 discussion. Prepare for such interactions with peer group discussions. Respond to unsolicited requests for information about unapproved AZ products or unapproved uses of approved products, presenting such information in an objective, scientifically balanced, substantiated manner. Develop database of Key opinion leaders and also provide recommendations for advisory board participation
- Proactively provide scientific updates and information to OLs and identify the relevance of the data to the scientific community. Steward AstraZeneca’s products through their lifecycle and support their appropriate use
Build and maintain trust-based relationships with external stakeholders
- Build AZ relationship with key external stakeholders (e.g. patient advocacy groups, key medical organisations, hospital pharmacy).
- Provide scientific support through appropriate medical sponsorships/ partnership to help remove roadblocks and unlocking possibilities to deliver value for patients and the community.
- Act as scientific expert in the disease area(s) by presenting therapeutic updates to external stakeholders
- Act as a system thinker with the ability to identify shared purpose among stakeholders about the patient journey in its entirety and leverage this to co-create solutions with stakeholders in the ecosystem
- Work with external stakeholders to uncover all potential opportunities to transform outcomes for patients, faster
- Partner to remove roadblocks and unlocking possibilities to deliver value for patients and the community
Develop or initiate scientific programs to explore unmet medical needs in priority disease area(s)
Work with HCPs in scientific activities that help advance disease understanding such as:
- Identify and recommend OLs for Advisory Boards.
- Identify potential speakers and train speakers as appropriate.
- Interact in the field with the medical community in the context of various medical projects, such as clinical trials, , ESRs, scientific exchange meetings
- Discuss potential involvement in LCM such as ESR and RWEs
- Respond to unsolicited off label questions from KOLs
- Able to conduct basic discussions on clinical trials in terms of study design and feasibility
Medical & Scientific Support for internal stakeholders
Act as scientific expert in priority disease area(s) for internal stakeholders
Continuously acquire and update necessary scientific knowledge on therapeutic area and relevant compounds.
Provide the AZ internal stakeholders with an understanding of the local medical community, clinical practice, trends and real or perceived gaps in current scientific knowledge and medical treatment, competitor information
Provide regular update on partnerships with HCPs, as speakers, or in the context of medical projects
Initiate and conduct appropriate AZ staff training & development on information regarding current and emerging clinical data and emerging trends in clinical medicine and practice within TA
Provide input for the development of company’s Medical and Brand plans
To work with internal cross functional team on formulary listing.
Provide scientific support at AZ sponsored educational events
Bring outside in: share the patient and stakeholder community needs internally, prioritize and drive solutions that deliver outcomes faster
Continuously demonstrate development of scientific expertise in disease area(s) of company focus
- Attend relevant scientific congresses and HCP meetings to gather new knowledge on AZ compounds, competitor information and therapeutic area
- Positive engagement and response to coaching and feedback received from MSL manager and TA lead.
- In daily work takes time to reflect on customer interactions and works on areas agreed with MSL manager as priorities for development. Develop functional capability in the role
- Proactively demonstrate the AZ Values
- Identify areas for self-development and discuss developmental needs with line manager using the 70-20-10 principle (experiential learning, coaching/networking/relationship-based learning and class room training)Active participation in AZ training, projects, and meetings depending on development needs
Compliance with relevant company and industry code of Conduct and also to comply with local country codes
- Keep regular update and operate within the relevant Codes of Conduct, Ethical Interactions (EI), including GPEI and SOPs
- Be sure to understand AZ policies when engage to KOLs and external stakeholders
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (scientific, economic, or business degree)or working towards a professional qualification
- Thorough knowledge or experience of the pharmaceutical industry and the area of field medical liaisons
- Ability to interact and manage a range of stakeholders both internally and externally
- Knowledge of legislation relevant to pharmaceutical sales and marketing
- Enabler mindset - leveraging the internal and external networks to create value, sharing back and scaling
- Growth mindset - able to learn and unlearn quickly, take risks and experiment, and contribute to the learning cycle by sharing knowledge with others inside and outside AstraZeneca.
- Self managed and self directed personality - altruistic in supporting the global network, boldly acting on key decisions and opportunities and boldly stopping any activity that is not adding value (ability to say “No” to stakeholders when the value is not predictable/foreseen)
- Integrity - open, honest, transparent, ethical and genuine
- System thinking and excellent stakeholder engagement skills
- Experience leading cross-functional team, formulating cross-functional strategies and orchestrating cross-functional teams is highly desired
- Strong business acumen with desired expertise in commercialization, medical and customer experience excellence, experience partnering with PAGs is highly desired
- Deep understanding of patient journey(s) and related treatments in defined disease area(s), enabling engagement at the specialist level
- Broad understanding of AstraZeneca’s present portfolio and future pipeline, such that they can work on future-based solutions
- Robust understanding of medical affairs strategies and tactics including clinical research
- Deep experience in agile ways of working, practical understanding of digital innovation methodologies are desired
- Proficient in English
- Advanced scientific degree
- Understanding of multiple aspects within Medical Liaisons
- Project and team management experience
- Visionary mindset - you are able to define, implement and execute the strategy around creating improved patient journeys
- Entrepreneurial mindset with outstanding partnering capabilities - coaching, consulting, ability to deeply listen, question and understand
- An advanced degree in Life science and/or MBA is a plus.
Key Relationships to reach solutions
Internal (to AZ or team)
- Field Medical Liaison and Medical Affairs Function
- Sales Representatives
- Compliance Team
External (to AZ)
- Service providers
- Regulatory bodies
- Key stakeholders in the local community
- Healthcare professionals
At AstraZeneca, we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and fuel your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients, and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and is always committed to lifelong learning, growth, and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
What will you get?
We provide driven packages and benefits for proficient and qualified candidates; a winning dream team and colleagues who share ONE values, ideas, and goals.
So, what’s next?
If you are already inspiring yourself to join our dream team, we can’t wait to hear from you.
If you are ready to bring new insights and fresh thinking to the table, Brilliant! We have one seat available, and we hope it’s yours.
If you’re curious to know more then please take initiative to recruitment.Vietnam@astrazeneca.com. We encourage your application.
Where can I find out more?
Visit our website www.astrazeneca.vn
Follow us on LinkedIn www.linkedin.com/company/astrazeneca/
Contact us via recruitment.Vietnam@astrazeneca.com
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.