Medical Science Liaison/Sr. MSL Respiratory - Tennessee
We are a global, science-led biopharmaceutical company and our innovative medicines are used by millions of patients worldwide. Ultimately, our aim is to find solutions that prevent, treat and even cure some of the world’s most complex diseases. Whether that’s by shaping the patient ecosystem and focusing on outcomes, or by progressing potential medicines and accelerating their launch.
Be equipped with the knowledge you’ll need to keep pace with rapid complex science and the latest changes in medical practice and therapeutics worldwide. Here we have both medical expertise and business acumen, understanding which products are launching and the science behind each of them. It means we can be confident in our role as strong ambassadors of our science-led enterprise.
This role is for a field-based professional with scientific, clinical and therapeutic expertise. The Medical Science Liaison/Sr. MSL Respiratory is responsible for providing medical and scientific support for AstraZeneca's marketed products, new indication and compounds in development.
What you’ll do
- Develop relationships and engage in scientific exchange with medical and scientific partners, including Healthcare Professionals and Managed Markets Customers.
- Identify pre-clinical, clinical and post-marketing study investigators in alignment with Medical Affairs objectives; and provide impactful information that enhances the value and proper use of AZ products to internal partners.
- Respond to customer inquiries to provide focused and balanced clinical and scientific information that supports the appropriate use of or clinically differentiates AstraZeneca's products and services
Essential for the role
- Advanced Clinical/Science Degree required (e.g., MD, PharmD, PhD, MSN, NP, PA, etc.). BSN with extensive clinical experience may be considered.
- Knowledge of customer segments and market dynamics
- Demonstrated expertise in discussing scientific content and context to multiple audiences
- Excellent project management ability
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Thorough knowledge of regulatory environment
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Must reside in territory
- Ability to travel (50-70%) – percentage varies with geography
Desirable for the role
- 2+ years’ experience as a Medical Science Liaison in the pharmaceutical industry
- Established track record of basic or clinical research
- Proven expertise in the drug discovery and drug development process
- Experience in Biologics
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. Work at the cutting-edge, where scientific innovations and an entrepreneurial spirit are the norm.
So, what’s next!
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you!
Find out more on Social Media:
Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.