Medical Planning Specialist
Our BioPharmaceuticals pipeline is growing. And it takes something special to get that out to patients, responding to their evolving needs, as well as those of healthcare professionals and partners. A challenger who is rethinking the way things can be done and acting on it. It’s an exciting time for our team as we redefine the future, working towards our vision to be the leader in Cardiovascular, Renal, Metabolism, Respiratory and Immunology by 2025. Get to make your mark as you do something rewarding for patients, healthcare and our wider society. Jump in and be a part of it.
The Medical Planning Specialist (MPS) is a subject matter expert regarding business planning and project management best practices. This person will work collaboratively with Medical Leaders and other team members to ensure business plans and project goals and milestones are achieved. This position provides a high level of business planning and project management expertise to Medical Teams ensuring smooth and efficient operational implementation of evolving Medical brand strategies and life cycle management, enabling on-time / on-budget project delivery. The MPS will maintain, promote, simplify, and influence plans via business planning and project management tools. The role has a high job complexity with multiple stakeholders and sources of data, and the successful candidate must have a high level of independence, coordination, and time management to meet requirements outlined above with minimal supervision.
What you’ll do:
As a MPS, you will work with Therapeutic Area/Functional Leadership teams for development of multi-year area roadmaps, brand medical plans and/or major initiatives. You will lead translation of strategy into business and project plans, deliverables, and communicate plans/accountabilities to the team as well as leadership and key stake holders, escalating as appropriate. You will bring lessons learned from other projects to effectively drive these project strategies and hold the team accountable for defining and tracking scorecard objectives.
Additionally, as an MPS, you will challenge team and functional representatives on plan and project assumptions relating to time, cost, resources, strategic comparison to plans from previous years, and contingencies. You will maintain plans for major initiatives, , via project management tools. As a MPS you will proactively take initiative to address issues impacting team efficiency and timely information exchange; creating process designs to streamline and simplify business processes.
Skills and Competencies to be successful in the role:
- Business planning skills to develop/implement plans, (including risk mitigation / contingency planning)
- Demonstrates knowledge/experience in annual business cycles (i.e. RBU, etc.), including medical brand planning and budget management
- Proven ability to lead and produce results in a matrix environment: "Lead without Authority”
- Execution driven. “Good finisher”
- Ability to identify/manage cross-project interdependencies and understand ties to broader business strategies
- Proactive in ability to focus / flex between highest priority areas
- Strong Communication / Collaboration Skills (including virtual environment/meetings)
- Ability to communicate and manage stakeholders across functions and at various levels, including comfort-level with executives
- Ability to communicate TA and functional-wide business plan and project information, including to senior level stakeholders
- Actively negotiate and influence across areas to promote high performance, including comfort level to challenge teams
- Team player/people orientated. Ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships across business areas (i.e. including with Commercial and Global teams)
- Strong facilitation skills and problem-solving skills
- Broad business perspective; including Medical Affairs and ties to broader organization
- Demonstrated proficiency in all Microsoft applications
Essential for the role:
- BA/BS ideally in science, medical, business administration field or equivalent experience
- 2 years pharmaceutical/biologics or healthcare industry experience
- Demonstrated success in managing complex cross-matrix, multi-year business plans and projects
- Strong communication and collaboration skills including virtual meetings and workshops
- Proficient in all Microsoft applications
Desirable for the role:
- PMP certification experience
- Experience in late stage drug development and/or product launches, and/or product lifecycle management
- Medical Affairs experience
Here you’ll have the opportunity to make a meaningful difference to patients’ lives. With science at its heart, this is the place where breakthroughs born in the lab become transformative medicines – for the world’s most complex diseases. Answer unmet medical needs by pioneering the next wave of science, focusing on outcomes and shaping the patient ecosystem.
With our ground-breaking pipeline, the outlook is bright. Be proud to be part of a place that has achieved so much, yet is still moving forward. There’s no better time to join our global, growing enterprise as we lead the way for healthcare and society.
So, what’s next!
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you!
Find out more on Social Media:
Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.