Medical Advisor (Respiratory)
AstraZeneca is one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies, with a broad range of medicines designed to fight disease in important areas of healthcare: cardiovascular, diabetes, respiratory and cancer.
At AstraZeneca Malaysia, we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We believe in the potential of our people and you’ll develop beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to achieve our shared goals no matter where you start with us.
- Build, enhance and maintain the engagement with scientific leaders (KOLs).
- Develop and share emerging data with HCPs, discussing all aspects of the data in a scientific, objective and balanced way. Disseminate results of studies completed to medical community by translating their clinical values and incorporating into business strategies.
- Provide the AZ internal partners with an understanding of the medical trends, clinical practice and competitive intelligence.
- Develop and implement the local medical plan to address unmet medical needs in priority disease areas and ensure alignment with the brand plan.
- Strategize and execute pre-launch medical plan/activities for new products at least 2 years prior to the planned launch to address key clinical and scientific challenges.
- Provide medical input into the Life Cycle Management of priority brands and TAs.
- Provide medical leadership on faculty and content development for medical programmes including national congresses, advisory boards, scientific exchange meetings, publications, CMEs to meet identified needs.
- Provide medical input to the creation, development and agreement of promotional material and ensure all material is in line with internal SOPs and meets IFPMA code.
- Support Clinical team to select appropriate investigators and sites optimising quality, delivery and commercial benefit.
- Ensures compliance with AZ code of conduct, Corporate Governance, Audits requirement, guidelines, codes, policies and procedures.
- You have a PhD in science or related subject area. Preferably a qualified Doctor.
- Experience of Medical Affairs function within the pharmaceutical industry or healthcare industry.
- Extensive experience in relationship and partner management.
- Extensive knowledge of the latest technical and regulatory developments.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.