Marketing Excellence Director
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven BioPharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development
Within the Global Commercial Excellence team, the Director for Marketing Excellence develops and delivers world class Excellence Capabilities and Learner Journeys across the top AZ markets with a priority focus on the US alongside the Global functions. Working and liaising with key stakeholders across the business to ensure that the capabilities drive the success of AZ’s business and key brands.
Ensuring and embedding an ‘AZ Way of marketing”, centered around the customers and aligning marketing initiatives with other functions such as therapy area leads, Global and US Insights & Analytics, Global Commercial Operations, Launch Excellence, Global Commercial Digital and Innovation, Sales Excellence, Key Account Excellence, Medical Affairs and others.
Equipping AZ to win by providing innovative and future facing Marketing capabilities grounded in patient understanding in a rapidly changing healthcare environment.
What you'll do
- Develop, design and deliver world class Customer Excellence Capabilities, in conjunction with the US and Global teams for all levels within the business
- ‘Future proofs’ the Customer Experience agenda by ensuring all external changes and factors are considered with a priority focus on Health Disparities and Consumer Marketing
- Deep expertise in understanding patient & stakeholder dynamics, behaviors and regulation, to drive the overall capabilities on all aspects of patient & stakeholder engagement across multiple channels.
- Define and deliver the capabilities for a widely accepted customer value proposition
- Manage relevant external bodies and key strategic partners to drive the Customer Excellence agenda for AZ
- Work with major markets, in particular the US, regions and global stakeholders to develop a Global Customer Excellence plan which addresses key strategic needs, capability gaps and business priorities
- Embed common frameworks and terminology across the business
- Ensure the Patient is at the heart of Brand Planning
- Work with Marketing Excellence Director, to ensure seamless integration of Customer Centricity into the Core Marketing Frameworks to ensure agile global and local implementation
- Work with other GCE team members and stakeholders to ensure alignment and consistency of Customer Excellence frameworks, processes and terminology across all other commercial functions
- Link traditional sources of Insight with deep patient insight across RWE, Medical, GMD, Intelligent Technologies Market Access and Sales
- Act as an Insight expert by deeply understanding the unique beliefs, motivations, needs, experiences, Patient Pathway and relevant outcomes for patients
- Provide and embed Brand Planning and individual marketer assessments to be able to measure effectiveness of Marketing Excellence interventions across markets and regions
- Work with Patient Services and Patient Solutions teams to develop capability frameworks and templates to ensure agile global and local implementation
Essential for the role
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing or Life Sciences
- Minimum of 10 years in Sales and Marketing Pharma roles
- US Marketing Experience (within and outside Pharma)
- Has recently managed P&Ls
- Ability to work across geographies and create learning systems with worldwide compatibility
- Ability to lead the development, design and delivery of training
- Proven project management skills and agency management
- Ability to work in a multiple stakeholder environment and provide clear strategic direction and plans
- Global or Regional Marketing, Product Management or Sales background
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.