Lung Cancer Commercialization Lead
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
Oncology is a strategic priority and rapidly growing business for AstraZeneca. Lung Cancer is our prioritized tumor type where we not only have a strong presence and leadership but where we have bold ambition to leverage the same and drive towards cure for these patients. We are making considerable progress to deliver on this by working along with our stakeholders and with our best in class assets TAGRISSO and IMFINZI which are delivering unprecedented outcome improvements for these patients in late stage and early stage disease with indications on the market as well as a fast-delivering LCM programme. We are accelerating these efforts further through a robust clinical development programme (CDP) for new assets like DS 1062, Savolitinib, Enhertu etc and new approaches like MRD and adaptive interventions. Our broad and rich CDP and approach in Lung Cancer positions us well to continue our leadership in this space and deliver cure for these patients as our ultimate goal.
As a Lung Cancer Commercialization Lead, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to further our agenda on doubling the 5-year survival rate by bringing these new assets to commercialization. The role has leadership accountabilities that are critical to the delivery of AZ business objectives and portfolio value targets. Working with the Global Franchise Head of Tagrisso and Lung Cancer Franchise, you will be a critical part of the Global Franchise Team and enable the cross-functional teams to successfully deliver on specific commercial leadership and accountability for these two key late stage assets for Lung Cancer & beyond.
Oncology Business Unit & Oncology R&D has put in place a co-leadership model for shaping and delivering One Lung Strategy across development and commercial. The Lung Cancer Commercialization Lead will work closely with the OBU Global Franchise Head and the Lung Strategy Steering Council on the shaping and pull through of the commercial elements of the strategy across Franchises and functions in OBU. The role will be responsible for developing and driving the overall commercialization of our Lung Cancer strategy by collaborating directly with brand teams across franchises, Medical, Diagnostics, Market access and other supporting functions in OBU.
The role is positioned as a great platform for a high potential enterprise talent to immerse in a key Oncology tumor type, understand development to commercialization approach, learn about Global TA level strategy & delivery work and have a broad impact with short to long term deliverables across functions and franchises
- Support OBU Franchise Head and the Lung Cancer Core strategy group to shape the overall lung cancer strategy and the commercial plan for the same
- Represent commercial input and support running the commercial steering group for Lung Cancer Strategy
- Accountable for pull through of overall commercial elements of Lung Cancer strategy working with OBU Franchises and functions
- Drive key market shaping initiatives to support delivery of above brand/ above franchise initiatives in support of Lung Strategy
- Work with Lung Ambition Alliance team to harness synergies in having an external impact through LAA and AZ strategy execution
- Communicate and influence senior lung cancer experts internally and externally in order to support acceleration of lung cancer portfolio and market development
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Seasoned pharmaceutical/biotechnology executive with significant experience and proven leader with sophisticated strategic marketing, and in-country commercial leadership skills with a solid track record of accomplishment
- Oncology experience with solid scientific understanding
- Demonstrates strategic and tactical abilities in developing and successfully implementing a comprehensive commercial plan
- Deep experience in Lung cancer
- Global Marketing, Development & New Product Commercialization Experience
- MBA / advanced scientific degree
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.