Key Account Executive/Manager, Haematology-Oncology, Vietnam
JOB TITLE: VIETNAM KEY ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE/MANAGER, HAEMATOLOGY-ONCOLOGY & RARE DISEASE
Do you have expertise in, and passion for redefining cancer care? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the lives of patients in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies. We are on a journey to bring life-saving medicines to patients. Our role in contributing to decreasing mortality rates globally is clear – shaping the future by spotting a scientifically-led commercial opportunity and acting now to operationalize and scale it.
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person.
In Asia Area, more than 3,000 of us work amongst the most exciting growth markets, from India, SEA, Taiwan to South Korea. In these ever-evolving and complex markets, it takes entrepreneurial thinking to stay at the forefront of bringing our innovative medicines to millions of patients. Fusing our diverse minds with local ownership, we’re energized and empowered to shape a new future for AstraZeneca, our markets and our patients. We aspire to be a leader by co-developing our healthcare ecosystem with our stakeholders in Asia Area to deliver improved patient experience, outcomes and quality of life.
AstraZeneca is the fastest growing company in Oncology in Asia Area. AstraZeneca’s Oncology portfolio, which includes Haematology, will continue to power our double-digit growth aspiration in the next 3 years. We are also accelerating the expansion of our geographical footprint in rare diseases. Rare diseases is a high-growth therapy area with rapid innovation and significant unmet medical need. Over 7,000 rare diseases are known today – yet less than 1% of them have an approved treatment.
We are implementing a new Go to Market model for Haematology-Oncology & Rare Disease that establishes a Center of Excellence (Launch Hub) to lead franchise strategy and assist in-country execution across the Southeast Asian (SEA) markets.
What you’ll do
As Key Account Executive/ Manager, Haematology-Oncology, SEA, you are the face of AstraZeneca to our external stakeholders. Your interactions are crucial in establishing a strong and credible presence in your geography, and building enduring partnerships in a very specialized area in medicine. Your observations and insights are crucial in informing our portfolio strategy, by helping us understand and address key opportunities and gaps in the patient’s healthcare journey as well as the HCP’s clinical practice.
- Lead the development of accounts’ annual plan including strategy formulation, activities, timeline and tracking, cross-functional communication, budgeting and resource allocation
- Plan for engagement with HCPs and key accounts (channels, frequency, events)
- Lead sharing of product information with target HCPs, supported by relevant trial data
- Work with medical counterpart to provide seamless customer experience and to build and maintain customer relationships
- Facilitate discussions of prioritized cross-functional insights gathered with internal stakeholders and team
- Accountable for CRM Inputs, capturing the behaviour of HCPs and their responsiveness to digital interventions
- Leverage deep understanding of HCP preferences by segment and prescription history to provide guidance to marketing team for content design and relevant portfolio team members (eg MSLs)
- Perform value added services such as working with key Centre of Excellence to formulate innovative solutions for pain points on brand specific patient journeys
- Organize account focused events including participants from country and other developed markets
- Leverage cross-functional expertise across AZ mobilizing agile operational processes
- Drive optimization of customer-facing interactions through participation in internal training programs focused on developing product knowledge and soft skills
- Contribute as part of a high functioning team that is entrepreneurial and willing to do things differently
Essential for the role
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 6 years of sales management/ marketing / key account experience in pharmaceutical industry with at least 1-2 years in Oncology
- Experience in leading cross-functional collaboration, especially with Medical Affairs, Market Access and able to work cross-functionally across different teams
- Comprehensive understanding of the development and commercialization of pharmaceutical products and healthcare environment
- In depth understanding of the Haematology/Oncology patient experience from diagnosis throughout the rest of their journey
- Demonstrable strategic and tactical approach within Haematology-Oncology
- Strong focus on effective decision making and results
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player, organized, results oriented and independent
Desirable for the role
- More than 2 years’ experience in Oncology
- Ability to manage and drive portfolio (more than 1 brand)
- Sales leadership experience
- Experience in the areas of Haematology, Oncology, Rare Disease and/or specialty medicine
Depending on candidate experience, this position may be filled at the following levels: Key Account Executive, Senior Key Account Executive or Key Account Manager.
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
So, what’s next?
- Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
- Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available and we hope it’s yours.
- Please kindly reach email@example.com for further process.
Where can I find out more?
Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.