KAM- Institutional Business - Bhopal
KEY ACCOUNTS MANAGER
Do you have expertise in, and passion for managing Key Accounts? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the institutional business in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
An entrepreneurial spirit that keeps us ahead of the rest – we apply creativity to every task we do, taking smart risks to turn our ideas into reality. Always at full speed, we thrive in our fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Join the team that learns how the enterprise runs, what it takes to succeed and what excellence in Commercial looks like. A crucial step on the journey to becoming a future leader, this is the place to find out if you have what it takes.
What you’ll do
Drive AZ - Institutional Business Strategy for Area / Account
• Define & Drive Institutional Business Strategy for respective accounts
• Explores account opportunities, challenges and priorities with internal/external stakeholders, in order to gain their commitment & deliver business goals
• Map out the total opportunity size for AZ products in these institutions / accounts and define the aspiration
• Work closely with Account's Stakeholders and Key Decision makers - Business and medical teams for facilitating Formulary inclusions of new products
• Facilitate Tender Process for the accounts / areas by working closely with Central Teams
Account Planning & Management -Maximise Account Potential
• Drive account objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
• Leads the account and project decision making process with cross-functional team to deliver IB Targets
• Ensures the right account team members visit the right customer stakeholders with the right inputs to maximize Account Potential
• Effectively prioritizes account objectives using data and tools available
• Regularly reviews progress of account actions to ensure that expected outcomes are on target
• Leads regular internal AstraZeneca project meetings to drive account objectives
• Work with Region trade teams to drive TA sales & liquidate stocks
Expand AZ Footprint - New Account Acquisition
• Identify further opportunities within/outside the top key reimbursement institutions (ESIC, CGHS, Armed Forces and Railways) to expand opportunities for AZ to expand footprints.
• Bring up proposals and mobilize resources from CFT for driving the initiative for gaining listing in these institutions / accounts
Drive Market & Business Intelligence around IB Initiatives and Priorities
• Provide regular feedback /Insights on the need gaps, competitive intensity in the accounts handled / IB space to trade teams
• Roll-out and execute Market access and other projects in the accounts
• Organise and coordinate Medico-Marketing activities with the CFT
• Build & Drive a team of High performing KAMs
• Mentoring role for newly joined KAMs
Essential for the role
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- MBA from reputed Premier B-School. Experience in Reimbursed Institutions Mandatory (2-3 years in RACE) - 6+ Years total experience
- Strong time-management and organizational skills
- Ability to coordinate several tasks at the same time
- Well-developed negotiation skills
• Excellent Communication Skills.
• Deep understanding of the patient pathway and the role of the institution
• Collaborative & cross-functional team working skills to coordinate with multiple BU's
• Scientific bent of mind to understand & communicate basics of AZ's products
• Interpersonal skills to develop relationships with external stakeholders
• Negotiating & Influencing skills
• Self-motivated and individually driven
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
So, what’s next?
- Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
- Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available and we hope it’s yours.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.