Internal Communications Associate Director
Join a global leader and make a more meaningful impact to patients’ lives!
AstraZeneca Poland is a key global site that is dynamically growing in all departments – from commercial, R&D, IT, Global Trial Safety Review, Global Procurement Services, HR and Global Finance Services. Warsaw is one of the key Global Clinical Trial Centres in the world and plays a key role in AstraZeneca’s success. The work that we do here is valued and makes a direct impact to the enterprise, and to society. Here you are part of a multi-national team with a strong reputation worldwide for excellence and innovation.
Internal Communications Associate Director leads a team working to develop internal communication strategies and policies, and acts as an expert within such a team. Ensures these policies are implemented and followed across Warsaw Site. Acts as technical support for site representatives for matters relating to internal communications.
- Manages all the internal communications going out to the site teams, and acts as a gatekeeper
- Works with site leadership to develop comprehensive, integrated communications plans in support of delivery of Warsaw Site Strategy and other major Site projects and initiatives.
- Develops overarching communications platforms for all content going to the Warsaw Site team
- Participates actively on multiple site-level leadership teams and provides counsel, coaching as well as deep knowledge of internal communications offerings and opportunities for integration across the business
- Coordinates all messages and directions coming from multiple site teams including Site LT, working with Public Affairs / Governmental Affairs and Employer Branding teams to ensure a consistent, integrated flow of communication to all stakeholders
- Ensures all internal communications share a unified, on-brand look and feel that reflect the company’s business priorities and strategy
- Provides quality control for content created by the internal communications team, external providers and site leadership and ensures it fits into Internal Communications and brand strategy
- Ensures communications are continuous, consistent and distributed through appropriate channels
- Uncovers issues proactively, identifies trends and concerns within the site team, crafts strategic communication plans to shape current thinking
- Advises site leadership on sequencing for communication cascades, counsels site leadership on message, approach and style for planned communications
- Encourages cross-functional collaboration and information exchange across a highly matrixed site organisation
- Supports building of AstraZeneca employer brand in Poland
- Supports development and consistent use of AZ communication channels
- Provides feedback on the needs and issues of the site audience to influence corporate deliverables
- Ensures that content from clients and client projects is imbedded into ongoing internal corporate communications
- Has some performance management functions, and oversees a team of Internal Communications professionals to ensure effective delivery of Internal Communications initiatives
Essential for the role
- (Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communication, marketing, or related field)
- Considerable communications experience gained in a corporate environment (preferably pharmaceutical or other medical-related industry)
- Ability to set and manage priorities, resources, goals, and project initiatives
- Ability to understand and interpret scientific and medical data
- First-rate coordination, collaboration, organization and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to build strong relationships
- Ability to understand business strategy and goals and generate new strategic options
- Experience in working with senior managers - strong strategic influencing and interpersonal skills
- Leadership skills, including the ability to solve problems that involve many decision-makers, and develop multiple options/recommendations
- Extensive networking skills, ability to interact widely and effectively both within the company (on both an interdepartmental and interdisciplinary basis) and externally
- Proven ability to work independently, and remotely, from key customers and stakeholders and with little direction.
Desirable for the role
- Corporate and internal communications experience
- Experience managing communications professionals
Join a vibrant and dynamic team with the passion and drive to push the boundaries of science. At AstraZeneca Poland we have a truly collaborative culture and way of working – supportive, open-minded and eager to share knowledge. Ours is a ‘speak up’ culture – where your voice is heard and there is little time for hierarchy. A place of ownership, where we are empowered to lead at every level. Here you’ll be empowered and supported to develop further – given the freedom and autonomy to run with it and deliver.
Interested? Come and join our journey.
So, what’s next?
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you!
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.