HR - Site Lead
AstraZeneca is an exciting global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical company. We’re inspired by what science can do. Driven by the desire to meet unmet patient needs in our core therapeutic areas. Bold in our thinking. Proactive in pursuing discoveries beyond imagination. At sites across the world, we bring teams together in a spirit of collaboration to turn great ideas into life-changing medicines – strengthening our product portfolio and harnessing the potential of a pipeline across all stages of the drug development process.
You’ll be part of a team that’s rolling back the frontiers of science to turn yesterday’s impossible into the normal of tomorrow. So, if you share our focus and passion, join us and make a difference to patients – and in return, we’ll help you develop way beyond what you thought possible
The role aims at providing HR leadership to the site and deliver on strategic workforce plan aligned to overall site business strategy. This would involve working closely with the Site Leadership team as a HR Partner, coaching and consulting the leaders to deepen their understanding on key People Issues and work with them closely to build strong, cohesive and engaged team. The role would also involve working closely with Market HR COEs (Talent Acquisition, T&D, Reward and ER) and above market stakeholders to align with AstraZeneca People Processes and deliver on overall Site HR Priorities
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• 12+ Years post qualification HR experience with minimum 4 years in Manufacturing with unions and IR experience.
• Postgraduate Degree/MBA in HR from Institute of repute.
• Experience in Pharmaceutical Industry desirable
Excellent business acumen and the ability to think and act strategically in the deployment of HR interventions
Should be able to design and deliver HR solutions in line with business priorities
Should be able to build & forge strong relationships with stakeholders and the ability to influence change
Should continually look for opportunities areas & challenge the status quo to enhance efficiency & effectiveness
Excellent communication skills, detailed oriented & organized
Core Functional Areas:
Strategic Workforce Planning
• Work closely with Site Leadership, to understand the business landscape and priorities and build/deliver Strategic Workforce Plan for the site.
• Closely work with finance and Site Leadership on the Workforce LRP Budgets and deliver the same aligned to the strategy.
Talent Acquisition & Development
• Deliver on the Site Talent Acquisition plan working with TAq COE at the right time, cost and quality.
• Work closely with TAq COEs on the overall Site Talent Acquisition strategy – Talent Selection & assessment, Onboarding, Referral, Employer Branding and Early / Niche Talent attraction strategy.
• Work closely with the T&D COE to drive Talent Strategy for the Site - Talent Identification and review planning for the Site and prioritize Talent Needs & Capabilities for future.
• Work closely with T&D COE to deliver on BCR Succession Development RoadMap, Capability Development priorities for the Site.
• Work with Site Leadership, coaching and consulting People leaders on building culture of feedback, drive career development conversations and nurturing a culture of lifelong learning at the Site.
Performance & Reward
• Nurture Performance Driven Culture at the site - Consult and Coach Managers on understanding AZ Performance Framework, Driving Performance Discussions and Addressing Underperformance.
• Drive Mid and Annual Performance & Reward Process for the site in collaboration with Reward COE
• Nurture a culture of Recognition to applaud and celebrate people performance and behaviours aligned to AstraZeneca Values.
• Work closely Reward COE on evolving Site Organisation design, New Roles, Job Evaluations, Fitment and Market Benchmarking.
Engagement & Culture
• Lead Pulse Survey & Culture transformation agenda for the Site – Driving employee participation, Focus Group discussion with employees on Pulse Insights, Action Planning with Site Leadership basis FGDs and Pulse insights, Handholding Leaders in driving action plan implementation and progress.
• Plan and drive employee engagement initiatives to promote synergies and spirit of camaraderie amongst employee’s (Employee Connect, Leadership, People Manager Connect).
• Act as single touch point for all employee related grievances and concerns - understanding of issues, coaching and advising on further steps, escalation point for all employee queries / guidance on policies & procedures.
Employee Relations / IR
• Lead IR Strategy for the Site - Initiating & implementing pro-active measures to ensure harmonious employee relations at site, working with union, forecasting, anticipating and addressing workforce needs and challenges to build healthy work environment.
• Ensuring compliance with Statutory & Legal obligations by enforcing adherence to requirements, advising Management on needed actions.
• Working closely with Market ER COE on Legal Cases and LTS signoff and Settlements
• Contract Labour Administration and Vendor Management
HR Processes & Transactions
• Drive Employee Lifecycle Transactions and Payroll aligned to Statutory and Legal Obligations for the site in collaboration with Shared Services COE.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.