Head of Manufacturing, Senior Director- Frederick, MD
Head of Manufacturing, Senior Director- Frederick, MD- Operations
At AstraZeneca, we share and are motivated by the same purpose: pushing the boundaries of science in order to deliver life-changing medicines to patients around the world. In short, our work has true meaning. Everything we do is underpinned by our dedication to being a Great Place to Work. We recognize that our people are our greatest asset and know what’s possible with a talented and diverse team that believes in what science can do. That’s life at AstraZeneca.
Our Frederick Manufacturing Center (FMC) is one of 26 production facilities in 18 countries. This biologics manufacturing facility makes a direct contribution to treating people with cancer, respiratory and autoimmune conditions across the globe. It’s challenging but highly rewarding work, involves more than 700 hardworking people throughout the manufacturing lifecycle and supporting office functions. From catered site festivities to competitive events, community outreach activities, environmental and wellness showcases and team-building events, we take time to recognize our achievements. Come and thrive in our vibrant, energizing, connected and encouraging culture and make a real difference to patients. Hear from our Senior Leaders about why they know AstraZeneca is a great place to work. https://lnkd.in/g8APibK.
Reporting to the Vice President and General Manager, you’ll be responsible for assuring the strategic objectives of the manufacturing organization at FMC are achieved with focus on compliance, safety, quality, process efficiency and schedule adherence. The Head of Manufacturing, Senior Director will form part of the site leadership team and will have strategic direction for over 250 employees.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for all Antibody Manufacturing activities for our small and large scale clinical/commercial manufacturing facility.
- Directly accountable for the daily Manufacturing Department activities including, material preparation, inoculum preparation, buffer and media preparation, bioreactor operations, bulk purification operations and final bulk filling.
- Lead the Leadership Team and ensure that all activities are aligned with long range operating plan.
- Sponsor and support the Frederick Management Team to ensure all day to day activities support the delivery of product according to plan.
- Adherence to the site production plan in support of commercial and clinical manufacturing commitments provided via the forecast. Achieves a high degree of schedule adherence, with crisp and fluid mechanisms for presenting schedule changes to affected stakeholders.
- Responsible for leading operations and the actions required to assure production schedules are achieved with the operational expense and capital budget.
- Builds a high performing, scalable manufacturing organization focused on consistent, reliable, safe and compliant operations.
- Support the development of new products and make the essential changes to facility, staff and equipment to assure smooth tech transfers, process improvements, and validation programs.
- Participate in Regulatory and 3rd party inspections/audits as Manufacturing Department Lead.
- Establish long-term department goals. Recommend and enact production strategies with the goal of increasing production and product quality.
- Lead change management efforts for the department and provide support for site and corporate organizational change programs.
Essential for the role
- Minimum BS/BA degree in Science with substantial experience working in pilot or commercial biologics manufacturing.
- BS: Minimum of 15 years’ experience
- MS: 13+ years’ experience
- PhD: 10+ years’ experience
- Outstanding leadership skills with ability to work in a multifaceted environment and adapt their style and approach as needed.
- Excellent project management and data analysis skills. Validated experience to be able to complete projects on time and within budget. Critical thinking skills with the ability to scale.
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills.
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial -finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, groundbreaking cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Come and join our journey.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a phenomenal fit, please share this posting with them.
Find out more on Social Media:
About Operations https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gak5Ham8oUw
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.