Global Patient and Digital Strategy Director - Respiratory Biologic
We need outstanding people who share our passion for science and have the drive and determination to meet the unmet needs of patients around the world. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We bring new kinds of teams together across business areas and geographies, to pursue discoveries beyond envisioning. We commit to those areas where we believe we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As Director for a novel Respiratory Biologic product, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives. This new product is a first-in-class monoclonal antibody develop in late stage trials for severe asthma and multiple other major indications.
Respiratory disease is one of AstraZeneca's three strategic priorities, and we have a growing portfolio of medicines that reach millions of patients each year. We hold an outstanding position in respiratory disease, including asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF). We are developing novel combinations, biologics and devices to treat patients. We have a robust pipeline that includes a number of promising assets in inflammatory and autoimmune diseases within areas such as psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis, gout, systemic lupus and rheumatoid arthritis.
In anticipation of a global launch, we are looking for an experienced commercial professional to lead patient and digital engagement and services strategy for Asthma and future indications. Reporting to the VP Respiratory Biologics, primary accountability for developing solutions to address patients’ needs along their journey with the disease before and after treatment. This includes developing a value proposition and patient centric messaging for both the existing program (Connect360) and new services to facilitate the adoption by patients, HCPs, Nurses and other key partners. In addition to leading the digital transformation and omnichannel strategy across the brand for both patient and HCP perspective. The role is designed to span across multiple new indications following on from an initial launch in asthma
The preferred candidate will bring a patient centric, digital expertise and innovative mindset. Strengthening and enhancing AZ patient engagement will require innovative and technology based approaches to improving the patient and HCP journey.
The successful individual will demonstrate strong skills in the areas of critical thinking, innovation, patient centricity, digital capabilities, insight gathering, internal and external communication, channel strategy, analytics, execution, leadership, problem solving and collaboration. You will work cross functionally with colleagues in the global functions and the local markets to craft the development of the strategy and ensure a flawless execution
What you’ll do:
As the Global Patients and Digital Strategy Director you will represent the global team and be accountable for:
- Collaborate with internal professionals, key regional stakeholders and external collaboration partner to design and launch an innovative, best in class patient engagement strategy
- Drive the digital transformation and omnichannel approach for the brand through strategies and execution.
- Drive rapid evolution and implementation of new services and related promotional materials to improve digital/ patient engagement, satisfaction and outcomes
- Being an active member of the global commercial working group and Global Brand Team
- Provide informed input to the global brand strategy plan, therapeutic area strategy and other strategic processes
- Engaging with relevant stakeholders to gather input to inform new services development, digital promotional strategy and advocacy development
- Develop and execute a sustainable digital and patient strategy across multiple indications.
- Drive alignment cross the alliance
- Bachelor’s Degree is required with prior customer service expertise as preferred
- Experience in developing healthcare services for patients
- Experience in digital solutions, omnichannel capabilities and digital innovation.
- In-depth understanding of commercial strategy, market research techniques and data management
- Experience of shaping integrated product and service strategy
- Experience on implementation of small-scale pilots and rapid scale up
- Exposure to and track record of effective management of senior decision-making
- Proven experience of engaging with and leveraging insights from external customers e.g. KEEs, prescribers, payors, patients
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial -finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
So, what’s next!
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.