Global Medical Affairs Leader, Vaccines
Global Medical Affairs Leader, Vaccines
Cambridge, UK - Gothenburg, Sweden
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world.
We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As the Global Medical Affairs Leader, Vaccines you’ll play a pivotal role in channelling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
We are seeking a candidate who has strong technical, scientific and medical knowledge of the brand to drive understanding of the medical strategy across the organisation and to lead medical activities for the brand including advisory boards and symposia to advance clinical practice.
What You'll Do
- Design and manage the implementation of the Medical BioPharmaceuticals product strategy globally and regionally
- Create and develop the strategic direction, business/resource planning, and team leadership on a global level for the product, in collaboration with the Global Medical Head
- Pro-active member of the Global Medical Team (GMT) to ensure global strategy is effectively communicated and executed at regional and country levels and that regional/country needs are appropriately accommodated in global deliverables and drive customer insights and market needs from all countries into Global Product Team for review
- Cross-functional leadership and collaboration across all Medical BioPharmaceuticals functions (e.g. Strategy & Operations and Medical Evidence) and the Global Product Team (commercial, R&D, regulatory, biostatistics etc)
- Closely follow medical developments within Therapeutic area and disseminates new information to transform clinical trends and emerging data into new plans
- Deliver medical plan that drives successful launch of innovative and differentiated new medicines within the TA
- Support team leader at TA Global Product Team and Global Brand Team
- Accountable for engaging and cultivating relationships with leading global KEEs to gain: contribution/ participation in advisory boards, greater understanding of the therapeutic area and insights into unmet patient needs
- Represents AZ at scientific and medical forums, including medical education forums, scientific roundtables, congresses, and symposia
- Responsible for the co-ordination of Medical Affairs activities including Science Advisory boards
- Ensuring the alignment of the publication and medical evidence plans to the Medical Strategy and Medical plan
- Responsible for leading the initial development and ensuring the accuracy of medical promotional materials and communications prior to submission to GMQA (Global Medical Quality Assurance) for the final approval.
Essential For The Role
- Doctorate level (MD, PhD or Pharm D or equivalent)
- Experienced in Global Medical Affairs or similar function and working cross-functionally across a large product team
- Strong technical knowledge
- Strong demonstration of strategic and medical leadership prowess at therapeutic area and/or senior leader meetings
- Strong working relationships with Global leaders in vaccinology / respiratory medicine/ infectious diseases including KEEs, professional societies, pharmaceutical companies
- Ability to fluidly flex between high level strategy and detailed tactics as required
- Strong analytical mind-set and ability to quickly assess large amounts of information and distil into key messages and actions
- Integrity and high ethical standards
Job Posted date: 01/03/2021
Job Posting end date: 26/03/2021
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial -finding those moments and recognising their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organisation to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.