Global Medical Affairs Leader - Immuno Oncology
At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the utmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people's exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe.
As a Global Medical Affairs Leader/ Senior Global Medical Affairs Leader - Immuno-Oncology you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to bring new therapies into clinical practice, making a positive impact on patients' lives.
AstraZeneca's vision in Oncology is to help patients by redefining the cancer-treatment paradigm, with the aim of bringing six new cancer medicines to patients between 2013 and 2020. Our broad pipeline of next-generation medicines are being targeted through four key platforms - immunotherapy, the genetic drivers of cancer and resistance, DNA damage repair, and antibody drug conjugates, underpinned by personalized healthcare and biomarker technologies.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
As the Global Medical Affairs Leader, Immuno-Oncology (GMAL-IO) you will lead the development of medical strategy and execution of key deliverables to support the launch and lifecycle management globally for the Immuno-Oncology program while reporting to the Head, Global Medical Affairs Immuno–Oncology.
Additionally you will provide a coordinated approach to building Astra Zeneca's medical leadership in Immuno-Oncology (IO), and deliver medical insight into the development and execution of AZ’s IO research & development strategy. As the GMAL-IO you will oversee and support the development and execution of integrated medical plans (evidence generation and scientific communications), interactions with global external experts, the development of diagnostics and patient centric initiatives. You will partner closely with colleagues in other key functions to build alignment on key initiatives including optimal approach to data generation, communication and supporting access, and interfacing with internal and external stakeholders to enhance the scientific and clinical understanding of the IO brand. You will also be responsible for the coordination of Medical Affairs activities including science advisory boards, ensuring the alignment of the publication and medical evidence to the integrated medical plan, providing appropriate input into the global externally sponsored research and collaborations and other medical affairs activities as agreed with the Head, IO-GMA.
- Advanced scientific degree (MD, PhD, PharmD)
- Medical Affairs experience (2+ years) or at least 4+ years total of pharmaceutical or relevant medical/clinical experience minimum.
- Oncology experience
- Understanding of drug development and commercialization processes including understanding of outcomes research /payer access issues
- Proven ability to generate, analyze and interpret clinical trial and published data
- Ability to manage multiple projects and products simultaneously to ensure timely, on-target and within budget accomplishment of tasks
- The candidate is expected to have strong project management skills and ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams including development, marketing, and health outcomes.
- Good communication and presentation skills in English
- Country launch experience
- Track record of successfully developing and executing Medical Plans both in terms of evidence generation, scientific communications and external expert engagements
Next Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.