Global Head of Marketing, Immunology
Global Head of Marketing, Immunology
Do you have a passion for science and have the drive and determination to fulfill the unmet needs of patients? If you’re swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then AstraZeneca might be the place for you!
Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. The opportunity is to join AstraZeneca as the Global Head of Marketing responsible for launching, leading, shaping and delivering the Immunology Franchise across AstraZeneca (ex. USA).
The role is located in either Wilmington DE or Gaithersburg MD and reports to the Senior Vice President who is based in Cambridge UK and who leads the Respiratory & Immunology therapeutic area globally at AstraZeneca. Building on a 50-year heritage in respiratory care, our ambition is to transform the treatment of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) by driving earlier, biology-led treatment, eliminating preventable asthma attacks, and removing COPD as a top-three leading cause of death. Underpinning chronic lung diseases is an altered immune system. AstraZeneca is following the science of common pathways and underlying disease drivers from respiratory disease into immunology-driven disease areas.
What you’ll do:
As Global Head of Marketing, Immunology you will be accountable for:
- The global marketing strategy in partnership with the USA Head of Marketing, supporting the strategy roll out partnering with medical and commercial strategy teams to achieve Immunology patient and business.
- Lead Immunology long range plan, brand strategic plan, Quarterly Business Review performance review and support Global VP to coordinate the external communication with Finance and Investor Relations.
- Lead and Implement pre-launch and launch activities for Immunology to drive and deliver global launch performance across markets.
- Participate on the Global Brand Team to include a thorough and well-coordinated input into the Immunology strategy and ensure close integration and flawless execution
- Continue to drive patient centricity and innovation through all aspects of Immunology strategy
- Appropriately manage governance interactions and alignment with the executive board, regional and functional teams
- Drive a best in class organization culture to become a respected leader in pharmaceutical industry while cultivating an inclusive high-performance environment that values and leverages diversity
- Lead a team
- Proven success in a global leadership role
- Strong knowledge in Biologics; Immunology therapeutic area.
- Launch experience and success
- Validated strong influencing skills and partner management
- Experienced and comfortable working in a matrix environment
- Understanding of and adaptable to working variances of different countries and different cultures
- Second degree, e.g. MBA, PhD
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
So, what’s next!
If you are interested, please apply
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.